Full Job Description
CDM Smith is looking to retain a drafter who can work with engineering staff in our water services group to prepare detailed and/or general construction drawings and diagrams. A primary responsibility will be to develop complete sets of construction drawings using computer aided drafting tools. Drawings may include multiple views of a facility, pipe profiles and detail drawings. Work will generally be process-mechanical or civil-related; however, work with other engineering disciplines may be necessary.
The candidate shall be comfortable working with engineering and sales staff to complete designs in accordance with project requirements. In addition, the candidate shall provide technical guidance to lower-level design / drafting personnel and review completed assignments for accuracy and adherence to the firms’s quality control standards. The candidate will also interface regularly with clients, vendors and contractors to support design and construction.
In addition to drafting, perform related fundamental engineering support tasks such as: plotting drawings, preparing file transmittals, quality control reviews, file management, assistance in simple design calculations, proofreading of designs and coordinating designs with specification requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent with vocational technical training in basic CADD drafting technology and/or 3D drafting.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
U.S. Vaccine Status
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Consumer Report, Investigative Consumer Report and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available