Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Motor Company is proud to be an Emerald sponsor of the Grace Hopper Conference, and we are excited to be a part of this event. Whether you are in person in Orlando, or attending virtually, we would love to hear from you!
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will leverage your technical expertise in data, analytics, cloud technologies, and analytic software tools to identify best designs, improve business processes, and generate measurable business outcomes.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Develop EL/ELT/ETL pipelines to make data available in BigQuery analytical data store from disparate batch, streaming data sources for the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams
- Work with on-prem data sources (Hadoop, SQL Server), understand the data model, business rules behind the data and build data pipelines (with GCP, Informatica) for one or more Ford verticals. This data will be landed in GCP BigQuery.
- Build cloud-native services and APIs to support and expose data-driven solutions.
- Partner closely with our data scientists to ensure the right data is made available in a timely manner to deliver compelling and insightful solutions.
- Design, build and launch shared data services to be leveraged by the internal and external partner developer community.
- Building out scalable data pipelines and choosing the right tools for the right job. Manage, optimize and monitor data pipelines.
- Provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance to key stakeholders around data transformation efforts. Understand how data is useful to the enterprise.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field, or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and Python
- 2+ years of experience with GCP or AWS cloud services; Strong candidates with 5+ years in a traditional data warehouse environment (ETL pipelines with Informatica) will be considered
- 2+ years of experience building out data pipelines from scratch in a highly distributed and fault-tolerant manner.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field of study.
- Experience with GCP cloud services including BigQuery, Cloud Composer, Dataflow, CloudSQL, GCS, Cloud Functions and Pub/Sub.
- Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with big data and machine learning tools and platforms. Comfortable with open-source technologies including Apache Spark, Hadoop, Kafka.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where problems are not always well-defined.
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID