Full Job Description
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : BVCI
Req Id : 97224
Job Title : Construction Manager – Solar
Location : USHYBRID
Business Unit Sector : BVC-BVOPS-BVCI CONSTRUCTION
Department: BVCI2 BV OPS UNION CONSTRUCTIO
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire: Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Recruiter : Jake A Hojnowski
This position is for upcoming an upcoming Midwest Solar Site. Some onboarding and preparation will be done remotely but will require mobilizating to work in the field for the duration of the project.
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager.
Solar Experience Strongly Preferred
Union Experience Strongly Preferred
- Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with subcontract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan . Supervises and mentors all superintendents; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
- Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager and Field Project Controls Manager.
- Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
- Directs the establishment and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
- Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
- Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
- Coordinates with Field Material Manager to review all site procured materials for acceptance.
- Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly coordination meeting with subcontractors as well as weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
- Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Directly responsible for the Division 8 labor charges and costs on direct hire projects.
- Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget.
- Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
- Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
- Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
- Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
- Establishes the tool trailer list at the onset of the project.
- Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
- Has the ability to stand in for the Project Field Manager in his absence.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
- Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
- Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
- Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer’s Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value
- Champions continuous improvement efforts
- Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
- Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities .
- Supervises superintendents
- Knowledge of construction technology (Simple Cycle, Combined Cycle, Pulverized Coal, Circulating Fluidized Bed, Nuclear, Solar & Wind).
- Knowledge of EPC industry.
- Constructability knowledge.
- Knowledge of project budget process and tools.
- Knowledge of department budget process and tools.
- Knowledge of project controls, risk assessment/management, administrative policies and procedures.
- Construction Project Management Systems. Conceptual planning ability . Conflict management skills .
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising).
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work).
- Presentation skills & problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
- Communication and meeting skills.
- Time reporting systems.
- Expense reporting policies and procedures
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or 3+ years of experience at the superintendent level. 8+ years with a degree or 18+ years construction experience without degree with 2 of those years at equivalent construction manager 1 level.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- See and hear naturally or with correction.
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- May require work above 5 feet in height.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
- Typical construction site environment:
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Work around hazardous equipment.
- Typical office environment.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.