Community Gastroenterologist position with Visa Sponsorship
Indiana University Health, Indiana’s most comprehensive and top-ranked healthcare system is actively recruiting Gastroenterologists to join our highly skilled team of physicians in Bloomington, Indiana. Do you want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Look no further than our robust and collaborative team!
- Full-time employment (Monday-Friday schedule)
- Work-life balance and On-Call: 1:6.6
- 20% Inpatient / 80% Outpatient
- Team: 6 Physicians and 2 Advanced Providers
- Patient Volume: Individuals can expect on average 460 visits/procedures per month between the hospital, endoscopy center and office locations
- Procedures include: upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, enteroscopy, band ligation, ERCP/EUS (not required), RFA & esophageal motility
- Teaching options with 1-4th year medical students on the Bloomington Campus (no fellows or residents currently)
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Fellowship training required in Gastroenterology
- Interested in new and practicing physicians
- J1 and HIB Visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, vacation, CME allowance, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health – Call/Text me to discuss our offer!
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy the city’s dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor adventure, and world-class educational opportunities.
- Named to Liveability’s 2022 list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and amongst Wallethub’s 2020 Best Small Cities in America
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the best counties to live in America, amongst the best counties in the U.S. for families and young professionals, and as the best county in the state for outdoor activities
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums, and a thriving music scene
- Close proximity to top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport, voted “Best Airport in North America” eleven consecutive years
- Home of Big Ten conference member Indiana University, as well as highly-rated public and private schools (ranked by Niche as the number two Indiana county for public schools in 2022)
- Host of annual music festivals, art fairs, and fall festivals
- Lively nightlife, award-winning wineries and distilleries, shopping, and unique dining (including global cuisine)
- Home to Indiana’s only national forest, the largest state park in Indiana (Brown County State Park) and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle, including collegiate sports, an urban biking trail, camping, caverns, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville, and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians providers deliver care in 11 counties in South Central Indiana (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington). The group covers a patient base of just under 500,000. The region is home to three hospitals and one ambulatory care center, and offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children’s services.
The second largest physician group within IU Health, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians operates over 50 practices and employs around 370 providers within the South Central Region of Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a member of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 25 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation, and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Get to know IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians in this video!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital and Regional Academic Health Center is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen).
The new facility opened in December 2021 and uses an acuity-adaptable model of care to minimize unnecessary patient transportation between units. In addition, the hospital offers a personalized approach to inpatient services (including intensive care, complex surgeries and comprehensive obstetrics and gynecology services), outpatient services with leading-edge diagnostic testing, flexible space in the emergency department for post-care observation, a dedicated trauma center and a cancer infusion center.
At the same time, the facility strengthens healthcare education by providing space for collaboration and coordination of care and teaching. Students and trainees will frequently come to the hospital side of the facility for clinical experiences.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of the Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, and has been ranked as high-performing in kidney failure, COPD, heart attack, and stroke procedures and conditions by U.S. News and World Report, as well as one of the Best Hospitals for Maternity Care.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.