Full Job Description
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Leading and creating client engagement strategies and pursuit plans for municipal clients in the greater Kansas City regional markets
- Developing new business, creating and maintaining high value relationships with clients
- Leading the strategy for client selection, client management, and pursuits in the geography
- Developing strategies for finding new streams of revenue and promoting technical innovations with clients
- Working effectively with Project Managers, Key Technical Specialists and other members of the CDM Smith design team regarding successful project delivery-Being active in professional societies, industry organizations, and appropriate political circles in the greater Kansas city area
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Business development experience at the local and regional scales in the public water sector markets
- Well-refined solid written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking, time management and planning skills
- Strong business acumen with a well-rounded perspective on transformative growth
- Water and Wastewater business development experience in the local water/wastewater markets is a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours and attend events outside of the normal workday.
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
U.S. Vaccine Status
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Visa Sponsorship Available
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.