Full Job Description
**We are also considering partial remote schedules for this position**
With general direction, develops processes, designs and equipment specifications for specialty chemical systems, renewable energy projects, water treatment plants, and related industrial applications of basic to high complexity to meet client project requirements.
- Conducts hydraulic and system modeling, specifically with Aspen HYSYS, AFT Fathom or similar.
- Sizes and validates safety relief devices in accordance with applicable industry codes and practices.
- Performs site visits. Develops Process engineering documents (P&IDs, PFDs HMBs, etc.).
- Supports other engineering disciplines with equipment sizing and rating, as required
- Reviews draft designs for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and signs off on completed designs.
- Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
Performs site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications.
- Updates design requirements as necessary.
Contributes to firm’s TKP (Technical Knowledge Portal) by developing white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc.
- Submits technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals.
Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
- Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm’s products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Performs other duties as required. Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
- Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
- May supervise the work of junior engineers on project work.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available