What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for providing guidance and direction in area of expertise and functional discipline. This position supports the technical aspect of project development and delivery including proposal development, scope implementation and change management. Responsible for applying advanced engineering methods, techniques, and analyses to provide solutions, make recommendations and resolve issues. Ensures industry and HNTB standards of design are applied consistently and effectively across projects ranging in discipline, size and complexity. Independently applies knowledge and experience in partnership with internal project team members and external client counterparts. Serves as an advisor on complex projects to provide technical designs, plans and specifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Performs independent technical reviews, makes recommendations, and provides technical guidance as requested on complex or unusual engineering projects. Provides direction to resolve technical issues as requested.
- Provides technical expertise and advice to project leadership, and mentoring/support to production staff.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal generation on complex or unusual engineering projects within discipline.
- Coordinates technical aspects with client counterpart and teaming partners at local leadership level for work within the discipline on complex or unusual engineering projects.
- Develops and advises on technical consistency within discipline across processes and projects. Ensures same standard and practices are being applied.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 10 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 9 year of relevant experience, or
- PhD in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Uses persuasion to communicate solutions while understanding the project goals and interests of the stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a vision for complex and unique challenges.
- Understands engineering principles behind the design code requirements.
- Promotes knowledge within the industry through authoring technical papers, technical presentations, and serving on technical committees.
- Understands, supports, and influences multiple concurrent projects.
- Discovers opportunities for technical improvements across the firm and collaborates with peers to share ideas.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in their field.
What We Prefer:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- 15 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification (depending on discipline)
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
\#SR #Bridges #LI-SR1
Kansas City, MO, Overland Park, KS (Sprint Parkway)
“If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.”