Full Job Description
Job Location: Newark, NJ
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager position to lead RFQs through the organization by aligning with different stakeholders and drive compliance of all stakeholders to the process focusing on timeliness, correctness and competitiveness.
This position will be based at our Newark, NJ location.
Key Responsibilities :
- Maintain and nurture relationships with different sales channels to spot new opportunities that could benefit from Bid Management and complete forecast calendar.
- Lead an RFQ from end to end through the organization aligning stakeholders’ tasks.
- Manage approvals & assessment of requirements cross-function except Products (Airfreight Ocean Freight incl. Customs), i.e. Finances, Risk Management, Legal, IT, Security, Sustainability
- Support Sales in the development of value propositions, customized narrative responses and executive summaries
- Drive compliance of all stakeholders with timeliness, quality and competitiveness in mind
- Liaise and manage clean hand-over process to the implementation group
- Organize internal and external debriefing post bid
- Engage with regular post bid follow up reviews and quarterly business reviews with sales.
- Analyze problems effectively and find best solutions
- In-depth knowledge of RFQ processes
- Possess basic Logistics/Supply Chain Management knowledge
- Strong business writing skills with presentation skills a plus
- Strong people and communication skills
- Driven individual with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commercial experience/capabilities
- Well versed in software knowledge (MS Office: Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc )
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.