Job Description & Qualifications
The Electrified Systems Engineering (ESE) organization is responsible for delivering the best fuel economy and refined Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Battery Electric vehicles in every segment in which we compete. Consistently delivering the best customer vehicle value and profitably while delivering these objectives with performance and smoothness of operation that exceeds our customer’s expectations. Take advantage of this opportunity to work in one of the most dynamic and growing organizations in Ford and to further Ford’s “Power of Choice” initiative.
What you will be able to do:
This position is on the embedded software development Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) team responsible for the implementation of the Hybrid Battery Monitoring System. You will have responsibility for implementing and validating vehicle controls software. This position requires a trainable, self-motivated individual with a strong software process or embedded systems background. Our candidate will have a passion for embedded system software development. You will:
- Implement requirements using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow and C programming
- Validate model-based designs using desktop simulation packages (MIL & SIL)
- Interact with other teams to develop controls requirements
- Develop and maintain design documentation
- Support tools development, compiler setup, static analysis, and software configuration management
- Analyze field data to solve issues related to model/C code implementation
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
The minimum requirements we seek:
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or related field or or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow development(internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
- 3+ years of experience with Control System software design(internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
- 3+ years of experience with C and/or C++ (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
Our preferred qualifications:
- PHD Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or related field or or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Able to function and learn in cross-discipline between Software Implementation and Controls Design
- Understanding of Hybrid Battery and Hybrid Vehicle operations
- Knowledge of hybrid/electric vehicle configurations and controls
- Experience in project management
- Understanding of operation and power electronic controls of (BMS) Battery Monitoring System, DCDC, Charger and Motor Inverter
- Excellent teamwork, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Auto req ID