Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key contributor to our autonomous vehicle and electrification efforts, you can dramatically change the way the world moves. Ford is seeking visionary, highly skilled and ambitious professionals to help us create an innovative and scalable autonomous vehicle business. Join us and improve the movement of people and goods while delivering an intuitive, enjoyable and trusted experience.
In this position you will be responsible for delivering key cloud service software solutions to support the development of autonomous vehicle technologies in the Ford ADAS Autonomy Team. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with delivering cloud service solutions is required. This role involves designing and implementing various operations and services within the autonomy data pipeline in the cloud. You’d be part of a dedicated team focused on executing cutting edge cloud solutions for advancing driver assistance technologies being deployed to production Ford vehicles.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related Field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience standing up cloud services in a public cloud service provider like GCP or AWS
- MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related Field
- Deep and up-to-date experience with developing and running applications in Google Cloud Platform or similar using container orchestration platforms
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, Cloud Formation, or similar
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker images, image repositories, container orchestration, etc.
- Experience with serverless technologies such as Google Cloud Run and Cloud Functions or equivalent
- Experience integrating services into CI/CD pipeline using technology such as Tekton, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.
- Strong understanding of at least one modern object-oriented programming language with knowledge of all stages of software development
- Fluency working with Linux or other POSIX operating systems
- Experience designing and administering databases, caching technologies like Redis and GCP Memorystore, and messaging technologies such as GCP Pub/Sub
- Experience using source code repositories such as GitHub, and build tools such as Ant and Gradle
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as GCP Cloud Monitoring, profiling/debugging tools such as GCP Cloud Profiler
- Interest in owning the entire product development lifecycle from design to deploy, including proactively gathering requirements, generating design documents, managing product milestones, end user engagement, etc.
- Good understanding of API-centric microservices and application development
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and concepts and techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excited and passionate about working on self-driving vehicles
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here:Ford Motor Company 2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
What you will be able to do:
- Work closely with the Ford ADAS Autonomy Team to deliver cloud service solutions that support development of autonomous vehicle features
- Assist with the architectural design and implementation of a cloud pipeline for vehicle data processing and algorithm advancement
- Build out vital products / microservices / APIs to support cloud native applications targeting GCP Cloud Run, GCP Managed Services & Kubernetes Platforms
- Configure, containerize, and deploy applications developed in technologies such as Node.js, Python, Java, Java EE, etc. to the cloud platforms
- Work with software and ML engineers to tackle challenging DevOps/MLOps problems
- Work closely with end users to ensure that delivered solutions appropriately support all needs.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.