Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up, breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
The Interior Systems Engineer will be responsible for concept development and detailed design of the cabin systems through multiple stages of development. You will Conceptualize, Design, Engineer, Develop and support the launch of full vehicle interior components.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Create and develop interior system requirements and specifications while developing geometry and the engineering execution in conjuction with design, supply chain, and other core teams.
- Create vehicle-aligned component and system targets for function, cost, weight and investment.
- Develop 3D geometry and innovative designs concepts that solve challenging crash load cases while balancing construction, material, and manufacturing methods
- Optimize the concepts and designs with analytical and physical assessments, ensuring conformation to federal regulations governing assigned systems.
- Deliver world-class craftsmanship and fit/finish through the proper implementation of GD&T.
- Develop, study, and implement novel construction techniques and materials then drive them to production feasibility
- Enable effective communications with Studio, Packaging, Advanced Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier activities to deliver optimal design solutions
- Support presentations of concepts and status to senior management and internally to Company personnel
The minimum requirements we seek:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 1+ years of experience in automotive engineering (internship experience considered)
- 1+ years of experience using CATIA
Preferred Requirements :
- Work/internship experience in the automotive industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to adapt and step up to new challenges
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.