Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $680 million annually to support the mission of the organization. The Gift Processing and Donor Services team sit at the heart of that operation ensuring a wide array of gifts are captured correctly in our systems and donors requests are met in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, Development; the Associate Director, Gift Processing and Donor Services provides strategic and operational direction for the gift processing and donor services functions and other operational needs as they arise. The Associate Director supports the senior managers of Gift Processing and Donor Services to break down internal and external barriers, facilitate planning, support vendor management, guide prioritization and develop high performing teams.
Oversee the following for both teams:
- Lead each operational manager in goal setting and KPIs for the entire team including annual and quarterly planning and budgeting
- Oversee operational budget management ensuring accurate forecasting, efficient spend and reconciliation
- Support prioritization discussions and conflict resolution
- Support and coach senior managers through HR needs such as team structure, adequate resourcing, hiring, performance management and recognition
- Critical vendor relationships and transitions t
- Ensure that best practices are consistently employed for donor support and engagement, including database management.
- Ensure effective functioning of gift processing, including gift entry, reconciliation, acknowledgments and stewardship processes, reporting, and quality control.
- 10+ yrs experience with fundraising or marketing operations in high-volume, high-innovation environments.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in vendor acquisition, appraisal and management.
- Proven ability to manage staff, vendors, freelancers, and consultants, leading high-performance teams to get results.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and delegation skills.
- Comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and collaborate across multiple teams, and thrive in a fast-paced culture.
- Commitment to the principles of MSF, passion for MSF’s mission and brand.
- A creative problem solver who doesn’t give up.
- Deep, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Expected to work in a hybrid work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.
We offer a generous comprehensive benefits package inclusive of Wellness initiatives to support a healthy work life balance
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position
No phone calls or emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Your Safety Matters: Vaccination and booster against COVID-19 is a requirement at MSF – USA
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination:
MSF-USA is committed to building a diverse, unbiased, and inclusive workforce. MSF-USA is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other differences consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices. Members of communities historically underrepresented in the Humanitarian Aid sector are encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability of some kind and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Regular FT Salaried Exempt
Starting salary $107,420.04 – $114,440.04 (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.