Full Job Description
Work type: Faculty Full-time
Location: Pensacola – Main Campus
Categories: Social Work
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify is required for employment. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or [email protected].
Employment based visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.
The UWF College of Education and Professional Studies (CEPS) Department of Social Work seeks a dynamic professional to join its cadre of faculty as an Assistant Professor, starting in January 2024. The department offers both an MSW that focuses on clinical practice in behavioral and health care settings and a generalist BSW degree, and it is expected that the chosen candidate will be able to teach across the BSW and MSW curriculum with a primary emphasis in graduate courses.
Position duties include teaching the equivalent of three courses per semester, engaging in scholarly activities leading to publishing impactful research, and active engagement in curriculum development and department activities. The faculty member is expected to work with municipal and regional service organizations and provide meaningful service to the department, college, and the profession.
- Have an MSW degree from a CSWE accredited institution and a Ph.D. in Social Work or closely related field at the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated commitment to high-quality face-to-face and online teaching, academic research, and professional service.
- Capacity to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, with an expected emphasis at the graduate level.
- Current clinical licensure.
- Motivation and demonstrated experience in delivering engaging high-quality online teaching.
- Ability to teach foundation graduate courses and advanced clinical courses.
- Commitment to purposeful mentoring of BSW and MSW students.
- Ability to guide and mentor MSW scholarly research activities.
- Commitment to grantsmanship.
- Participation in doctoral dissertation committees in the college.
This position requires a criminal background screen.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.