DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
As an Air Export Agent, you will be responsible for the movement of our customer’s air export shipments. You will be the main point of contact for coordination between customer’s shipment exports and shipping carriers.
- Completes coordination between all applicable parties for all air export shipments for our customers; ensures timely bookings with airline on customer behalf
- Prepares export documentation in accordance to country requirements as well as the preparation of Certificate of Origin, Cargo Manifest, NAFTA Certificate, Airway Bill and any other documents required by the customer
- Compliant filing of AES (automated electronic system) export customs
- Responsible for timely completion of export documents and coordinate with both customer and/or warehouse for timely delivery of cargo
- Communicates regularly with customer in regards to customer’s shipment status as well as continuous communication with overseas to meet delivery commitments; follow-up with airline to monitor and track departure and arrival information and updates
- Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timeframe consistent with company policy.
- Ensure customer profiles are accurate and updated
- Meet all KPI’s assigned and audited by the Control Tower
Skills / Requirements:
- 1+ years’ experience in freight forwarding industry, air export- import experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.