In 1901, Henry Ford designed and built the racecar called “Sweepstakes.” On October 10 that year, he drove Sweepstakes against Alexander Winton, a famous racer and builder. Against all odds Ford won. That was the beginning – “the race that changed the world” – and it continues today. From our victories at Le Mans in 1966 and again fifty years later in 2016, to championships in NASCAR, World Rally Championship, and other series across the globe, the spirit of Henry Ford lives with us every day through our motorsports efforts around the world.
Ford Performance is looking for an experienced, talented aerodynamics engineer to join their motorsports aerodynamics group. You will partner with our various motorsports program teams and our racing team partners to develop aerodynamics tools and methods, including computational methods such as computational fluid dynamics, experimental testing such as wind tunnel testing, and field testing such as racetrack testing. You will use these tools and methods to meet our main goals of winning races, winning championships, and transferring technology to and from the greater company. Throughout this process you will perform and advocate a high level of quality, and adhere to Our Truths – Put People First, Be Curious, Built Ford Tough, One Ford, Play to Win, Create Tomorrow, and Do the Right Thing.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position, TN visa holders may also be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or related engineering degree or related field of study
- 1+ years of experience in motorsports aerodynamics in a top level series with CFD and/or wind tunnel testing
- Capable of working hours including late evenings, nights, weekends and traveling to meet company goals
- Passion to Win
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or related engineering degree
- 3+years of experience in high level motorsports aerodynamics, including CFD, wind tunnel testing, track testing, and interdisciplinary work with other engineering departments such as race engineering, vehicle dynamics such as car setup, lap simulation, and driving simulators
- High level of technical competence, communication skills, and organizational skills
- High level of motivation
- Display Ford’s Our Truths
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Conduct computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations of ground vehicles for motorsports applications, including conceptualizing, geometry creation, pre-processing/meshing/setup, solving, data validation, troubleshooting, post-processing, analysis, and reporting
- Conduct experimental testing of ground vehicles for motorsports applications , including wind tunnel testing of scale models, and wind tunnel and track testing of full scale cars; involving conceptualizing, geometry creation, test planning and preparation, test operation, data validation, analysis, and reporting
- Work with the group to continually advance our aerodynamics tools, methods, capabilities, and procedures
- Communicate effectively with the Ford Performance team, external race team personnel, suppliers, and other entities
- Deliver high quality results to tight deadlines in a fast-paced motorsports environment.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process