This position provides a wide variety of diversified Administrative skills. Technical, clerical, and administrative support, including word processing, database manipulation, spreadsheet development, and maintaining personnel records, data, and files. The Administrative Assistant for the Community Education SNAP-Ed and EFNEP programs.
Use moderate initiative and discretion to perform substantial tasks to support programs. This position is responsible for providing a wide variety of clerical and administrative support, including word processing; database manipulation (including pivot tables); spreadsheet development, forms, and correspondence; maintaining records, data entry, and files; and supporting financial and business functions of programs. Arrange, organize, and support requested meetings and functions. Work with administrative staff to provide reception support as necessary/required. This position will work closely with the Sr Administrative Assistant to ensure functional area best practice recommendations are under established time frames. This position will perform job duties with initiative and discretion while maintaining confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Education and experience relevant to the position’s role.
- Proficient in computer operations of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly. Verbally and written to understand and effectively carry out standard programs and instructions.
- Must demonstrate high accuracy, integrity, sound professional judgment, tact, maturity, and the ability to handle confidential, sensitive information.
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks, requirements, and priorities to complete work promptly and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work in an office setting, with occasional to frequent distractions and opportunities to demonstrate positive collaboration amongst staff, visitors, and the public
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to relate effectively to co-workers, advisors, community, and professional leaders.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as appropriate.
- Prior knowledge of Administrative support processes
- Provide Administrative functions and support to nut Community Education and Nutrition Team on confidential matters, including, but not limited to:
- Adhering to and utilizing Association best practices as identified.
- Process all inquiries promptly and professionally, always in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to SNAP-Ed and EFNEP as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Marketing as needed.
- As needed, provide administrative support to IT Function, including tracking purchase orders and required paperwork.
- Provide administrative support for special projects and events, as needed.
- Provide administrative support and assistance, including making arrangements, purchasing necessary supplies, assist with set-up and clean-up for the following meetings/events:
- Provide administrative support for Administration Support for SNAP-Ed paperwork, including, but not limited to, maintaining inventory for all reinforcents.
- In cooperation with Supervisor or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that support Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the Association in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow applicable federal, state, and local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement, and standards.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of and adheres to established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Suffolk County policies, procedures, and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the organization’s overall success by performing all assigned duties professionally, timely, and accurately.
- Attach/upload a cover letter to the online application in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Attach/upload a resume to the online application in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Attach/upload contact info for three references to the online application in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
document for additional guidance.
document for additional guidance.
Association Admin Asst II
.This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.