Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
The Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program uses technology to solve the human problems of driving and make it safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Our Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software for best-in-class performance on features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features. We’re helping the world access tomorrow, today.
What you’ll be able to do
We are seeking professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This software test position is passionate about the validation and verification of new features per the ADAS roadmap, but could also involve other elements of the process as we seek to add high quality people to the team.
- Conduct the verification and validation of ADAS related software
- Develop test plans, test procedures, automated scripts
- Define the test setup required to support validation and verification activities. For example, identify the equipment, tools, licenses, hardware, test systems (i.e. HiL), test environment simulation, etc. needed and support test bench bring up
- Identify test dependencies such as requirements, interfaces, compliance, hardware, software components, etc…
- Determine opportunities and provide support for automation and tooling
- Perform automated and manual test execution, results analysis, root cause analysis, and verifications
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical specialists, feature owners, development teams, and other test teams in support of testing and development activities
The minimum requirements we seek:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ year of experience with embedded hardware and/or software implementation
- 2+ years of experience testing embedded software
- 2+ year of experience working with automated test systems and test script development in Python (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
Our preferred requirements:
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as an automation developer or software test engineer
- Understanding of Feature specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and Design Verification Plan
- Understanding of performance requirements and the interactions with other features and the system, and establish procedures to verify performance both quantitatively and subjectively
- Familiarity with Matlab Simulink model-based requirement and test.
- Experience working on Advanced Driver Assistance System using radar, cameras, sensors, or similar
- Experience with data collection and analysis, ideally in driver assist technology
- Knowledge of test strategy, test methods, code coverage, etc.
- Knowledge of automotive standards: ASPICE, ISO26262, AUTOSAR, etc.
- Proven ability working with Test Management tools for test strategy development, test case development, test execution (manual and automated), and test metric reporting (e.g. Polarion)
- Demonstrated ability to work with defect management system (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to interpret C/C++, or logs to aid in issue resolution
- Experience with Matlab, Shell scripting, Jenkins, GitHub, Linux development
- Experience with low level debugging tools (Lauterbach ICE, Wireshark, Oscilloscope, etc….)
- Experience with automated testing environment, frameworks, and programming languages (ex: Gtest, Emulator, Python, etc.)
- Experience with debuggers, CAN and Ethernet tools.
- ISTQB Certified Tester – Automotive Software Tester (CT-AuT)
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID