Rare coastal mid-Atlantic opportunity within an hour’s drive to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean
– Commuters Welcome –
Pediatrix has an exciting opportunity for a BC/BE neonatologist to join our 3 physician and 2 NNP practice at Mary Immaculate Hospital in Hampton Roads, VA
- 8-bed Level 3A NICU and active newborn service support with 1800 deliveries a year and growing, with future plans for an expanded 47,000 square foot BirthPlace that will house the NICU on a floor of the new surgical center with 13 NICU beds including single occupancy rooms
- Responsibilities include prenatal consults, NICU coverage, newborn coverage and delivery attendance
- Each neonatologist will cover 1/3 of the shifts each month, splitting in-house and at-home call allowing for a flexible schedule and balanced lifestyle
- Opportunities abound for quality improvement projects, administrative positions and regional collaboration, inviting your involvement in change.
- Leadership opportunity available
- J-1 visa sponsorship available
About the Hospital
Mary Immaculate is part of Bon Secours Mercy Health System, one of the largest neonatology service providers in the Mid-Atlantic. It also covers St. Mary’s Hospital, St. Francis Medical Center, Memorial Regional Medical Center, and Southside Regional.
About the Location
The Tidewater region of Virginia offers unparalleled coastal living and close proximity to the Historic Triangle (Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown) and Richmond. Residents enjoy an outstanding climate with a mild change of seasons, natural beauty and world-class attractions. The broad recreational opportunities offered by the James and other rivers, the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean add to this area’s allure as a unique place to live, work and play. Whether you prefer to spend your free time boating on the ubiquitous waterways, sunning on the bay or the ocean, dining in Williamsburg or Richmond, or skiing at a world-class resort, your destination is either just across town or an easy drive away. If you love the outdoors, you can also enjoy fishing, hiking and biking. The area is served by an international airport for more distant destinations. Southeast Virginia enjoys a strong network of public and private schools, career institutions and highly respected undergraduate and graduate colleges, including the College of William & Mary, Old Dominion University and Christopher Newport University. Two of our public school districts rank 4th and 5th in a state that ranks in top 12 in the US!. Despite all this Virginia affords its residents a surprisingly generous standard of living, with home prices a mere tick above the national average.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposed only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
- Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
- These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.