Full Job Description
Are you passionate about leveraging modern day data science methodologies/tools to study and predict the degradation or occurrence of a problem in a vehicle component/system?
Would you love to accelerate our efforts to build amazing experiences and software products in the Connected Vehicles space – with data?
We are seeking top-tier Data Scientists/Engineering professionals who are data driven, self – motivated and detail oriented to help develop and deliver breakthrough Prognostic Features.
This role is eligible for #remote work!
The minimum requirements we seek:
- PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Computer engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related fields or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience of practicing statistical methods and their accurate application e.g. ANOVA, principal component analysis, correspondence analysis, k-means clustering, factor analysis, multi-variate analysis, Neural Networks, causal inference, Gaussian regression, etc.
- 3+ Experience with Python (and related modules), SQL
- Experience with embedded controls, onboard Diagnostic, Sensor Processing, General First Principles Physics Modeling and simulation using numerical computational tool (e.g. MATLAB, ATI, Simulink)
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Self – motivated, strong analytical, excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
Our Preferred Requirements:
- Familiarity working with Automotive prognostics feature development using connected vehicle data
- 3+ Experience in application of statistical and machine learning methods e.g., ANOVA, PCA, clustering methods, causal inference, time series forecasting, random forest, multi-variate analysis, neural networks, etc
- Expertise in open-source data science technologies such as Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, etc. acquired through college course work, online training and certification or project development
- Experience in software development for automotive controls with hands on experience using MATLAB for post processing large scale data and understanding of programming fundamentals and experience with C++ programming in embedded environments. ATI and ETAS calibration tool familiarity
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written skills. Highly credible in organizational, time management, decision making and problem-solving skills
What you will receive in return:
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here .
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.