Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
Track Engineers are responsible for the production and modification of track design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position consults with the project manager to perform research, development, calculations, design and delivery. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to address design related issues or concerns, interactions with clients and by completing tasks to meet the project schedule. Develops conceptual and detailed track designs and calculations to support the project completion using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software.
Supports transit and railroad projects at all stages from conceptual study and alternative analysis to final design and construction related services. Types of projects may include interlocking renewals, bridge replacements, new track construction, and station designs.
May mentor, train and review work of junior track engineering staff and provide constructive feedback.
Candidates with passenger or freight rail experience are preferred, but willing to entertain someone with Civil/Highway experience with knowledge of OpenRoads / InRoads / Civil3D that has a desire to pivot towards a career in Track design.
Candidates with rail experience are preferred.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Responsible for completion of track engineering project elements such as reports, designs, specifications and plans.
- Responsible for coordination and productivity of subordinates. Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Works closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects.
- Conducts design and constructability reviews of plans.
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with preparation of weekly and monthly program updates and reporting.
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with management of design review process and permitting through outside agencies.
- Coordinates with construction observers.
- Conducts reviews and makes recommendations of approval of potential construction change orders.
- Occasionally visit project sites outside the office.
- Occasionally supervises and schedules work for other team members.
- Works in collaboration with other offices within the company.
- Participates in project working meetings.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- 6 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Exhibits experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and MicroStation and/or AutoCad, Bentley’s OpenRail/InRail/PowerRail and/or AutoDesk Civil 3D.
- Exhibits an understanding of the application of engineering geometric, and algebraic principles.
- Manages time, proactively forecasts, and communicates project development needs.
What You’ll Need
- Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours provided.
- Assist in the development of project specifications.
- Responsible for development of discipline specific engineering project elements/deliverables such as reports, designs, and plans.
- Aids in the coordination and productivity of project team members.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineering project team members.
- Works closely with other disciplines and on multi-discipline projects.
- Performs quality control reviews of discipline – specific engineering project elements/deliverables.
- Assists with coordination and planning of schedules, hours, and distribution of work within discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 3 year of relevant experience
- PhD in Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Allentown, PA (Lehigh Valley), Harrisburg, PA, King of Prussia, PA (Norristown), Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania), Pittsburgh, PA
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Engineering Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.