Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up, breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
The Thermal Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for concept development and system level design of the cabin and powertrain thermal systems through multiple stages of development starting from the block diagram architecture phase. You will Conceptualize, Design, Engineer, Develop and support the launch of next generation heating and cooling systems for electric vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Create vehicle-aligned component and system targets for function, cost, weight and investment
- Develop block diagrams and 3D topology for thermal system components optimizing for material cost, energy consumption, labor content, and mass while ensuring regulatory and safety performance is met
- Develop cabin thermal requirements and correlated analytical models for occupant comfort predictions. Guide program architecture decisions to deliver on cost, range, and performance
- Identify and track key system decisions that establish technology roadmaps and product architecture. Work with program systems teams to make architecture trades for range and performance that benefit the vehicle and customer.
- Lead and contribute to design reviews, test plans, and requirements reviews to further optimize the thermal system cross functionally
- Enable effective communications with manufacturing, supply chain, and other engineering teams to deliver optimal design solutions
- Support presentations of concepts and status to senior management and internally to Company personnel in an integration and subject matter expert role
The minimum requirements we seek:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and releasing electric vehicle thermal systems, including cabin HVAC
- 3+ years of experience using 3D CAD software collaboratively (NX, Catia, 3DX, etc.)
- 3+ year of experience in 1D, 2D, and 3D thermal modeling across powertrain and cabin using Matlab, Python, Simulink, or a similar commercial solver
- 1+ year of experience in a factory setting launching a new product
Preferred Requirements :
- Masters or PhD in Applied Thermodynamics
- High level of expertise and proficiency with Catia, Enovia, or similar tools including drawing and modelling practices and methodologies
- Hands-on experience building and launching automotive products and prototyping thermal systems
- Experience with controls strategies for automotive thermal systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Confluence, and Jira applications
- Experience with instrumentation and measurement of thermodynamic systems in a lab environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.