Supply Chain is one of the most important areas within DTNA, as the success of our suppliers, and our supply chains, is directly tied to our ability to deliver trucks to our customers on-time and to meet our future build rates. The Supply Chain Planning Analyst will plan, procure, and manage the flow of harnesses, and other critical components, from our suppliers to our Truck Manufacturing Plants; with on-time delivery focus and a proactive problem-solving approach to Supply Chain risks. Additionally, he/she will define strategies, methods and tools to optimize the flow of harnesses, and other critical components, to make our supply chains more robust and predictable. In addition, he/she will be part of an integrated Procurement & Planning team that is responsible for the supply chain, from End-To-End, while working collaboratively to solve the most complex supply chain challenges. This position provides visibility to senior management within DTNA, plus there are multiple career advancement opportunities within the team and department.
- Plan quantities of parts necessary to ensure on-time delivery of production requirements.
- Proactive escalation of impacts and risks to reduce disruptions at DTNA’s Truck Manufacturing Plants.
- Immediate communication of potential supply chain risks that may disrupt DTNA’s production.
- Manage planning parameters and exceptions as needed for new supplier setups.
- Demonstrated determination to see issues through from point of identification to final resolution.
- Manage critical Shortage Requests (SR’s) from production facilities to minimize disruptions.
- Resolve and expedite back orders and drop-ins as necessary to satisfy customer expectations.
- Help lead the effort to develop and manage DTNA’s Production supply chain, communicate DTNA needs and expectations, participate in cross-functional activities, identify and communicate supplier risks.
- Drive and develop stronger partnerships to establish DTNA as the preferred customer of our suppliers
- Manage recovery plans from suppliers, holding suppliers accountable of any impact and driving these plans from start to conclusion.
- Assist with department coverage as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Assist as delegated team representative as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, Industrial/Systems Engineering, or related discipline and prefer 2-4 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain fundamentals and previous professional Supply Chain experience.
- Previous experience leading cross-functional exercises, team development strategies, and/or operational meetings.
- Understanding of business drivers, supply chain infrastructure, tactics, and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within guidelines and policies to solve problems of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and guidance to new team members.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- 2 years of experience planning harnesses, or a similar commodity.
- Familiarity with DTNA IMS (mainframe) system.
- Prior project management experience and demonstrated achievement driving process improvements.
Portland, OR US
- Hold a valid existing visa (L1A, L1B, L2, TN, H1B, H4 EAD, OPT EAD, CPT)
- Daimler Truck North America employees working under an existing U.S. Daimler Truck North America visa
- Those eligible for a TN Visa (Canadian or Mexican National working in an Engineering, Accounting or Scientific Technologist capacity with an aligning degree)
- Those eligible for an L-1 (inter-company) Daimler Truck visa under the Corporate Blanket L-1 program would require at least one-year of qualifying experience in the last three years
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.