CDM Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Service Leader to lead client engagement and business development for water and wastewater municipal infrastructure for multiple private, municipal and state agency clients in the Southern California market! We have worked on some complex projects for major clients throughout this region and are looking for a candidate who will help continue this tradition through both the management of existing client portfolios and the development of strategies to grow business with new clients.
*** This position will be based in either our Los Angeles, Carlsbad, Irvine, or Rancho office***
As a member of this team, you will contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Developing client engagement strategies and pursuit plans for new water, wastewater and environmental business in the Southern California – San Diego and Los Angeles market
- Aligning CDM Smith’s firm-wide strategies with local business development activities.
- Being responsible of the overall financial performance of projects within a client portfolio.
- Being a highly visible advocate of CDM Smith through active participation in professional and industry organizations.
- Assembling and leading client and project teams to meet client needs and project requirements.
- Developing and leading proposal efforts and presentations.
- Implementing CDM Smith’s Sales Delivery Process and proactive use of CDM Smith’s sales tools.
- Negotiating critical issues with clients and potential teaming partners and subconsultants.
- Development of technical approaches and strategies.
- Assisting on individual projects and meeting billable hour targets.
- Meeting annual sales goals from both existing and new clients.
- Managing business development budgets and costs.
- Engaging in routine coordination with other area client service leaders and internal business units to meet business objectives.
- Following and implementing CDM Smith’s standardized business practices.
- Participating in CDM Smith’s training program to reinforce core competencies of the client service leader position and obtain requisite certifications within 6-months of onboarding.
- Adhering to CDM Smith’s Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical
Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 15 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience winning/managing water/wastewater projects in the Southern California market
- Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Pay Range Minimum
Pay Range Maximum
Visa Sponsorship Available