Eastern Kentucky University
Title: Mgr, Space Plan Utilization
Position Type: Fulltime Staff
Search Type: External – minimum 7 days
Department: 02R000 – Facilities Management & Safety
Division: 4R0000 – Finance & Administration
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Driver
Schedule Type: Full Time (40 hrs per week or more)
Hours Per Week:
Additional Schedule Details:
Posted Salary Grade: Exempt – 46
Job Summary/Basic Functions
The Space Utilization & Planning Manager plans, organizes, initiates, and directs the work of space utilization and planning initiatives for the University.
Education: Bachelor’s in related field required, Masters preferred
Experience: 3 years of program or project management in higher education
Licensure & Certifications: Membership and participation in industry organizations
- 30% – Coordinate Space Inventory Manages the coordination of campus space inventory, including regional campuses and sites Oversees annual audits of all assignable space to verify space classification, use, furnishings, seating capacity, and other pertinent data Coordinate with campus partners to manage the primary scheduling system(s) data – (Essential)
- 25% – Facilitate Space Utilization Process Serves as main point of contact for all campus space requests and identifies actionable solutions as appropriate Manages the planning of space allocations for all campus moves and communicates with affected units Monitors and reports space changes for maintenance of accurate floor plans and the disposition/nature of vacated space – (Essential)
- 20% – Accountability for Space Liaises with Registrar, Enrollment Management, all Colleges, academic support units and various other campus entities as necessary Develops space guidelines, procedures, policies, and utilization models for adoption as campus standards, refines as appropriate Manages space utilization committee operations and projects Makes recommendations to senior leadership for improvements in space utilization – (Essential)
- 15% – Engage Around Space Coordinate campus space planning, campus master planning and capital improvement planning processes. Prepare and deliver communications, presentations, and documentation concerning space utilization and planning for University leadership Assess how space data is utilized in other campus environments and websites – (Essential)
- 5% – Supports the office functions by completing all other duties and special projects as assigned. – (Essential)
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Funding Source: Institutional
Open Until Filled: No
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.