There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – Moline
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Solution Architect – Manufacturing Execution (Moline, IL or Chicago, IL – Hybrid) – 96466
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
This position may be located in Moline, IL or Chicago, IL per the hiring manager’s discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate’s background, experience, and proficiency.
This position is eligible for partial remote work at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Solution Architect, located in Moline, IL or Chicago, IL, you will be recognized as a seasoned technology professional and expert who focuses on designing solutions that adhere to the strategic architecture and roadmap for the Manufacturing Execution products. The role collaborates with product teams to ensure that solutions built are effective. In addition:
- Advises product teams on complex design issues on products
- Have contextual knowledge of the business and processes supporting Manufacturing Execution, and coordinates or executes design changes to improve business operations and enhance overall solution quality
- Provides leadership to Manufacturing Execution teams and external vendors to address architecture and design issues
- Partners with the Product Manager, Product Owner and Engineering Manager to understand issues and provides solutions.
- Leads technology selections with external vendors.
VISA Sponsorship is Available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 4+ years of experience using complex technology, methodology, and full life-cycle development in an agile environment
- 4+ years of recent practitioner experience of common application and Cloud/Edge development environments
- 2+ years of experience using architecture principles and practices when making decisions and creating/designing solutions and associated work products
- “Hands-on” experience evaluating new technologies and delivering Minimum Viable Product
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with shopfloor systems and/or factory automation technology
- Demonstrated critical thinking, business savvy, interpersonal communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience modeling and communicating complex concepts in a manner that facilitates shared understanding and drives quality and execution.
- Experience with technologies and industry trends in Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, System Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.