There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – Milan
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Software Engineer (Milan, IL or Chicago, IL – Hybrid) – 99224
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
Eligible for Remote Work.
Eligible for a flexible work schedule
As a Software Engineer for JD North American Parts Distribution Center located in Milan, IL , you will:
- Engage in software delivery cycle including the design, build, test, deploy, and support of high quality front-end and back-end applications.
- Supporting a culture of software development best practices including Test Automation, Continuous Integration/Deployment, and technical debt management
- Evaluate, implement, enhance and design solutions to improve cost, quality, security and performance of software solutions.
- Provides help with process/system break/fix support and helps implement critical process/system enhancements of high complexity.
- Follow industry-standard agile software design methodology for development.
VISA Sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need (Required skills/experiences)
- 6+ years experience in Software Engineering with Java or Python or Bash scripting
- 4+ years experience in developing and delivering applications in the AWS Cloud, leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 4+ years experience with Cloud Security, Node Scaling, Fault Tolerance, Multi-Region Failover, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure Resilience and Maintenance
- 4+ years experience with following AWS services: VPC, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, EC2, Lambda, SNS, SES, S3, RDS (Oracle), DMS, Eventbridge
- 4+ years experience in developing and delivering Infrastructure as Code(IaC) using tools and frameworks like Terraform or Cloudformation
- 3+ years experience in Oracle database administration
- 3+ years experience with Java web development with Springboot and RESTful APIs
- 2+ years experience in developing and delivering applications using container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
What Makes You Stand Out (Desired skills/experiences)
- Proficiency in DevOps tools (GitHub, Drone, Docker), multiple programming languages (Java, Python), container orchestration (Docker, K8s) and utilizing system execution/quality monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Grafana, Splunk, SonarQube, etc.
- Expertise writing code for various applications as an engineer or architect within a community of software engineers
- Domain experience working with warehouse operations
- AWS Certification(s)
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.