What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for supporting project management teams through review, assessment and collaboration to mitigate risk in relation to internal estimating and scheduling practices. This position performs Monte Carlo simulations, develops project risk registers, and analyzes results to provide recommendations and updated risk profiles. The Sr Risk Specialist attends and participates in a variety of monthly meetings and workshops with functional groups where this position is responsible for assembling materials and preparing presentations as well as contributing risk management feedback. May mentor, direct, and oversee the work of earlier career staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Performs risk management activities.
- Develops and maintains project and/or program risk registers for review.
- Reviews project documents for consistency with project/program risk registers and resolves issues with project team.
- Maintains risk-based estimate production records.
- Monitors risk register for updates to risk monitor/controlling and treatment options.
- Organizes and attends targeted advanced risk elicitation interviews.
- Coordinates and collaborates with estimating, scheduling and procurement teams.
- Performs routine and non-routine quantitative risk-based analysis, Monte Carlo simulations to set update baseline and updated risk profiles and performs evaluation of results, including the application of professional judgement and expertise.
- Develop improvements to the interface of the Self Modeling Spreadsheet, that utilizes a Monte Carlo Simulation.
- Creates, maintains and implements risk management policy, procedures, and work instructions.
- Establishes qualitative and quantitative risk modeling parameters based on project cost and schedule information.
- Works with project teams to support on-going risk management functions, including risk identification, impact analysis (qualitative / quantitative) response planning, monitoring and control.
- Facilitates risk management workshops, meetings, interviews and discussions both internally and with external clients. Collaborates with project/program managers, project controls staff and other project team members in risk workshops in reviewing quantified potential costs and scheduled impacts associated with risk and change.
- Supports project team decision making and reporting through timely information and tracking of risk register actions and critical risk identification. Develops and interprets project and/or program risk reports.
- Supports project teams in developing and implementing appropriate internal and external response plans for critical risks.
- Quality controls all estimating deliverables prepared by support staff.
- Mentors Risk Specialists I, II, and III if applicable and may serve as technical lead.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related field and 9 years relevant experience, or
- In lieu of education, 13 years of experience in project controls, estimating with a focus on risk, risk management; construction management; project management; and/or contract or change management
What You’ll Bring:
- Knowledge of general risk management and project control standards and framework, (e.g. AACE International, Project Management Institute).
- Understanding of transportation engineering design requirements and project delivery processes.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability and skills to advocate the incorporation of risk management in the implementation of new systems, processes, and changes to existing systems and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining a big-picture point of view.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships based on diplomacy while maintaining independence and not swayed in judgment or course of actions.
- Ability to fulfill assigned commitments in a timely manner within established budgets while achieving quality results that prioritizes and resolves conflict when necessary. Demonstrates strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
- Accept and help facilitate change by understanding desired outcomes; assist project managers with developing change management strategies.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate positively regarding project and client goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports and presentations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
What We Prefer:
- AACE Project Risk Management Professional (PRMP), PMI Risk Management Professional (RMP), or equivalent
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Experience in 2 or more phases of project lifecylce (e.g., predesign, design, procurement, construction, and post-construction phases)
- Experience working as client’s PM/CM agent (e.g., providing program management/construction management services), or as part of design-build contractor (or equivalent design and construction experience)
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
The approximate pay range for New York City and Westchester County, NY is $140,777.06 – $229,364.34. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Project Controls Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.