Job Title: Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Job Location: Renton, WA
At DHL Global Forwarding, PEOPLE matter. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is instrumental in ensuring that we are developing and delivering programs that enhance the employee experience. Are you a dynamic leader that can provide advice and support to managers and employees? Have you been told that your consultative skills with your client groups provide them with the strategic direction they need to make a difference in the business? If so, then you might be ready for our Senior Human Resources Business Partner role based in our Renton, WA facility.
This role will provide day-to-day human resources support and counsel to the SEA, PDX and Strategic Customer teams covering the following areas: recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, employee and labor relations, employee communications, and safety and employment documentation. The successful candidate will ensure consistent application of policies and procedures and serve as a liaison with internal departments/divisions and/or outside organizations.
How Will You Contribute to the Success of DHL Global Forwarding? As a Senior HR Business Partner with a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, you will lead the HR efforts by:
- Administering core human resource processes including employment, labor and employee relations for employees, compensation, benefits, performance management and workforce planning within the Renton, WA (SEA), Portland, OR (PDX) stations and the Strategic Customer Group
- Consults with leadership on strategic and tactical human resources issues
- Administers approved company-wide employee relations policies and practices
- Works with managers and employees to investigate and resolve employee relations issues
- Conducts executive, exempt, technical, non-technical and nonexempt recruiting support and counsel including interviewing candidates, preparing correspondence, and extending employment offers
- Provides functional guidance, advice and/or training to business partners this position supports
- Handles individual employee issues as well as common systemic employee matters
Skills / Requirements:
- 5+ years of professional human resources experience handling a variety of responsibilities in several of the following areas: employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefits, and training
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business Admin, or related field; Master’s degree in HR or related field is a plus
- PHR certification desirable
- Knowledge of transportation, logistics and/or manufacturing is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of employment, employee relations, compensation and salary administration, and of the laws that govern these areas
- Excellent consultative, influencing, conflict management/facilitation, written, oral, interpersonal communication, analytical, organizational, and diplomacy skills
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.