The Cuddy Law Firm is looking for NEW YORK STATE ADMITTED attorneys to litigate cases under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, in a new model using attorneys appearing remotely. Self-motivation necessary.
The attorney will handle a high volume of cases, conduct client intakes, draft due process complaints and litigate cases at the administrative. Intensive training will be provided. The attorneys will be supervised by experienced special education attorneys. This is a full-time position that requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to think critically and creatively. The firm serves many clients from underserved populations and the ability to work in a very fast paced environment is crucial. Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
-New York State Bar Admission REQUIRED.
-Strong English language skills orally and in writing and research skills
-Demonstrated interest or experience in litigation is essential
-We are willing to train new attorneys
-Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills
– Strong time management and organizational skills
-Ability to manage a full caseload effectively and efficiently
-Strong computer skills and competency, especially, Microsoft Office, and Lexus-Nexus
– Professional attitude and strong personal ethics
-Ability to work independently and/or with a team of attorneys to develop case strategies
– Adaptability and attention to detail
-New graduates are encouraged to apply
* Our offices in Auburn NY
Job Type: Full-time
• Developing package
– Health insurance (to be determined)
• Life insurance (to be determined)
• Paid time off
• 8 hour days and as work demands
Work Location: Remote/computer monitored; We will consider the eventual application for H-1B visa for foreign employees, and if visa obtained, work site is Auburn, NY. Salary then shifts to rates currently offered in the area for assistant district attorneys.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
• Performance bonus
– Successful overseas employees may be sponsored for H1-B visas, and upon successful application would work in the Auburn, NY office, at which time pay adjustment would be made for U.S. employment, which is based on current rates paid for local assistant district attorneys (to start).
• Do you have a New York State Bar License?
• New York State Bar Admission (Required)
Work Location: Remote, initially.