Job Description & Qualifications
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you’ll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We’re seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!What you’ll be able to do:
The candidate will help carry out and set the research agenda for both static- and motion-based driving simulators to support vehicle development from the perspective of human factors and interaction design. This position will be focused on collaborating with a diverse team of human factors, interaction design, and engineering experts as they chart the future of human-machine interaction with the mobility solutions of the 21st century.
- Interface with researchers and create customized driving simulations
- Update and maintain the code database, primarily for driver assist technologies and simulator subsystems (data acquisition, vehicle model, visuals, sound, and motion)
- Use signal processing skills and the understanding of human perception of visuals, motion, and sound to design driving simulations to match the capabilities of the driving simulators.
- Reduce data collected from the simulations into measures and metrics that can be used for statistical analysis (i.e., data reduction)
- Establish traceability between requirements, models and simulation results
- Execute and document Simulator Studies & Customer Clinics
- Interface with downstream partners to align on expectations and transfer of simulation results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ year of experience with driving simulation and/or driving simulators
- 1+ years of experience programming in Linux or Windows with C/C++ and Python
- 1+ years of experience programming in MATLAB/Simulink
- 1+ years of experience programming in data acquisition
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ year of experience with driving simulation and/or driving simulators
- Experience operating in a research or advanced technology setting
- Experience with driving simulation software (preferably AV Simulation SCANeR Studio; others ok (Vires VTD, Vi-Grade Vi-Sim, OpenDS or similar))
- Familiarization with vehicle modeling software (preferably CarSim or CarMaker)
- Experience with 3D Authoring tools / 3D Graphics
- Sound knowledge of AR software and hardware (e.g. HMDs, tracking systems, simulators)
- Knowledge of human perception of vision, sound, and motion
- Demonstrated strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and self-motivation/ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player with record of collaboration
- Passion for driving simulator
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate excellence in One FORD behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
Auto req ID