!! NOW OFFERING $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!!
Competitive wages starting at $22/hr based on qualifications, education, and experience.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at our York, NE production facility.
We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
- Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Run a variety of process equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Plan Work Instructions and Quality Plan requirements.
- Collect and record data for continuous improvement projects and production records.
- Support preventative maintenance (PM) and other general repair efforts.
- Assist with warehousing activities including forklift operation.
- Use automation and computerized systems to perform work tasks (computers, iPads, etc).
- Perform field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance, logistical planning and maintain relationships with external partners (growers, contractors, etc).
- Assist with harvest activities such as preparation, seed sampling, truck unloading, and other relevant processes (depending upon crop) as well as leading work areas.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: climb and/or work in elevated areas, stand and sit for extended periods, work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions, lift up to 50 lbs, and perform work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting.
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You are comfortable with technology (computers, iPads, etc), have good computer skills and are experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- You have good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- You have high attention to detail can multitask, maintain an organized workplace and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You are proactive, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You are legally able to work in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- You have a valid US driver’s license so you are able to drive a company vehicle to field locations when needed.
- You have one year of education/experience in operations, manufacturing, agriculture, warehousing.
- You have your High School Diploma/GED OR are willing and able to obtain your GED within a specified time frame of hire as a condition of employment.
- You are willing/able to work a rotating shift and overtime hours including weekend work as needed during seasonal peaks to support production demand.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Associate degree or two-year trade school degree.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- WMS and SAP/ERP system experience.
- Forklift operation experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.