Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams! With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Model E is responsible for developing the key technologies and capabilities – such as EV platforms, batteries, e-motors, inverters, charging and recycling – to create ground-up, breakthrough electric vehicles. By joining the best software, engineering, design and UX talent, you will be a part of creating new technologies and concepts that can be applied across the Ford enterprise. Being on the Ford Model E team means building the future as Ford’s center of innovation and growth through electric and connected vehicles and services.
The Powertrain CAE role will be responsible for concept generation, part analysis, and optimization work. You will analyze and iterate the powertrain components through multiple stages of development starting from the block diagram architecture phase.
What you’ll be able to do:
- durability and duty cycle definition
- topology optimization of housings
- Rotor bridge optimization (fatigue and max speed) – partnership with EM modeling
- battery cell impact simulation and optimization
- battery cell and structure analysis for EOL cell expansion
- exploratory materials and composites
- code based optimization algorithms
- gear, bearing and shaft analysis (Romax)
- Write optimization algorithms along with analytical calculations to analyze/optimize various power electronic components and technologies along with vehicle level attributes
- Cost optimization
- Create robust design for automotive application and for mass manufacturing
- Lead and contribute to design reviews and requirements reviews to further optimize the powertrain system cross functionally
- Support presentations of concepts and status to senior management and internally to company personnel in an integration and subject matter expert role
- Drive powertrain innovations of future technologies that provide benefit to the product; both short- and long-term roadmap items.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience using electric powertrain principles
- 2+ years of experience analyzing automotive grade products
- 4+ years of CAE experience
- 3+ years’ experience using finite element methods
Preferred Requirements :
- Master’s Degree
- Experience of coding optimization algorithms, particularly in Matlab
- Hands-on experience building and launching automotive products and prototyping powertrain systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Confluence, and Jira applications
- Experience with instrumentation and measurement in a lab environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.