Job Description & Qualifications
Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. It’s a belief that has always fueled our passion to create great cars and trucks! And today, it drives our commitment to become the world’s most trusted mobility company, designing vehicles for a smart world that help people move more safely, confidently and freely. To do this, we are investing in technology, and businesses focusing on micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhancing the vehicle ownership experience and developing the Transportation Mobility Cloud, which will host mobility-related solutions!
The people of Ford Motor Credit Company have a 60-year commitment to helping put people behind the wheels of great Ford and Lincoln vehicles. By partnering with dealerships, we provide financing, personalized service and professional expertise to five thousand dealers and more than four million customers in over 100 countries around the world. If you’re customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further.
The Ford Credit Technology & Software organization creates digital software products for dealers and customers to support Ford Credit’s strategic goal to be the reason customers choose and stay with Ford.
A modern digital platform is critical to Ford credit’s efforts to build industry leading products for our customers and orchestration technology is critical to modern digital platforms.
The Orchestration Technology architect will lead the development of new digital platform to enable all Ford credit products.
- Design graph-ql based orchestration technology
- Own the delivery of the orchestration layer
- Drive education on graph-ql & be an SME on all things related to design and development of the graph-ql based orchestration layer
- Engage with other stakeholders & teams across Ford Credit, Ford Pro and Ford Motor Company to drive adoption of the graph layer
This position reports to Head of Digital Platforms – Web, mobile, CRM & orchestration.
Key Ford Credit TSP Organization Facts
- Over 1,000 global team members
- Spread across 8 locations: USA, Argentina, Brazil, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, India, and China
Technology Product Group Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop the road map for setting up the graph-ql based orchestration layer
- Lead team of engineers to build the federated graph schemas
- Provide technical leadership to teams engaged in design, delivery and operations of digital products & solutions
- Ensure software engineering excellence through clean code, test driven development, etc.
- Leverage Agile practices for software delivery
- Clearly communicate technology strategy and vision to team members
- Work closely with the Product Managers and Product Owners
- Work with lead Product Owner matched pair to coordinate quarterly prioritization process
- Deliver to quarterly OKRs i.e., Objectives & Key Results
- Apply Lean Product Management mindset and techniques such as the build-measure-learn loop to continuously iterate on solution delivery
- Travel: Fully remote or minimal travel, depending on individual’s preference
Functional & Technical Skills
- Proven experience with Apollo graph-ql (Federated schemas / supergraph)
- Should have worked on delivering large complex digital systems (transactional & non-transactional) that used graph-ql technology
- Extensive experience working on cloud and digital platforms (GCP preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to drive development of highly technical services and capabilities
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and product owners
- Demonstrated ability to drive highly available customer ready digital products
- Ability to build new APIs & reuse existing APIs as needed
- Ability to deliver front end digital experiences
- Must be able to think and act strategically, without constraints
- Must be able to operationalize and assist teams with abstract technology concepts
- Strong communication, collaborative, and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work closely with senior leadership
- Strong personal presence and capabilities to resolve technical concerns
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience
- Ability to work collaboratively and navigate complex decision making in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of technology experience, with at least 7-10 years of experience leading and managing software engineering
- Experience leading teams of 25 to 50 people
Open to remote work arrangements.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID