Operations Supervisor – 2nd Shift
May 19, 2023
Apply for this job
Standard Forwarding, a DHL Freight US company, is a top-quality LTL carrier with 14 terminals spread throughout the Midwest. We provide overnight service within and between Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Minnesota.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher -2nd Shift who will be responsible for the supervision and execution of the inbound dock operation, daily dispatch, and outbound operation. This position will be located at our Waterloo, Iowa office. Mon-Fri 4:00pm – 12:00am or until dock is closed.
- Communicates needs of the operation to ensure service directives of Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US customers are met.
- Evaluate alternatives and utilize discretion when making independent decisions regarding the operation.
- Responsible for monitoring and execution of the pick-up and delivery operation.
- Assign pick-ups throughout the day based on the least cost scheduling to the driver fleet.
- Provide updates to Wisconsin Terminal Manager including but not limited to: personnel needs, bid adjustments, equipment repair and maintenance, supply needs, disciplinary follow through and progressive discipline visibility.
- Required to observe and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and/or Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight including company policy concerning safety, claims prevention, and hours of service.
Skills / Requirements:
- Strong operational background with an LTL carrier required
- Must be knowledgeable of hazardous materials and the paperwork, handling, placarding and storage
- Ability to coach, mentor and train drivers to improve work performance and morale.
- Ability to recognize, reward and reinforce good performance.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Customer centric approach
EEO Statement: Standard Forwarding LLC believes in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Our company’s success depends on the effective utilization of qualified individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in a personnel action including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotions, transfers, demotions, benefits, compensation, discipline, termination and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Work Authorization: Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.