Full Job Description
Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US is a top-quality LTL carrier with 14 terminals spread throughout the Midwest. We provide overnight service within and between Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Minnesota.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to support the day to day operations at the Racine, WI customer location. This includes overseeing inbound operations, daily dispatch, and the set-up of the outbound dock operation.
- Communicates needs of the operation to ensure service directives of DHL Freight US customers are met.
- Responsible for supervision and execution of the wrap up of the inbound dock operation, daily dispatch, and the setup of the outbound operation.
- Evaluate alternatives and utilize discretion when making independent decisions regarding the operation.
- Responsible for monitoring and execution of the pick-up and delivery operation.
- Assign pick-ups throughout the day based on the least cost scheduling to the driver fleet.
- Communicate with drivers as pick-ups are assigned, this includes early closers, specialized account information, volume pick-ups, and locations where drivers are detained for an extended amount of time.
- Communicate with Customer Service on delivery of hot freight and special accounts.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train drivers to improve work performance and morale.
- Ability to recognize, reward and reinforce good performance.
- Must be knowledgeable of hazardous materials and the paperwork, handling, placarding and storage.
- Provide updates to Terminal Manager including but not limited to: personnel needs, bid adjustments, equipment repair and maintenance, supply needs, disciplinary follow through and progressive discipline visibility.
- Responsible for proper communication with all departments of Standard Forwarding to ensure customer needs are met.
- Required to switch shifts to cover for vacations of the other non-bargaining employees at the terminal.
- Perform duties in accordance with Standard Forwarding Standards of Business Conduct.
Skills / Requirements:
- 3 + years previous experience with transportation or logistics in a supervisor or team lead capacity
- Previous proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility to adapt plans as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Customer centric approach
- High School diploma or equivalent
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission : Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose : We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values : Respect & Results
Our Goals : Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Work Authorization :
Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
- Posted 7 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.