Full Job Description
- Communicates needs of the operation to ensure service directives of DHL Freight US customers are met.
- Responsible for supervision and execution of the wrap up of the inbound dock operation, daily dispatch, and the setup of the outbound operation.
- Evaluate alternatives and utilize discretion when making independent decisions regarding the operation.
- Responsible for monitoring and execution of the pick-up and delivery operation.
- Assign pick-ups throughout the day based on the least cost scheduling to the driver fleet.
- Communicate with drivers as pick-ups are assigned, this includes early closers, specialized account information, volume pick-ups, and locations where drivers are detained for an extended amount of time.
- Communicate with Customer Service on delivery of hot freight and special accounts.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train drivers to improve work performance and morale.
- Ability to recognize, reward and reinforce good performance.
- Must be knowledgeable of hazardous materials and the paperwork, handling, placarding and storage.
- Provide updates to Terminal Manager including but not limited to: personnel needs, bid adjustments, equipment repair and maintenance, supply needs, disciplinary follow through and progressive discipline visibility.
- Responsible for proper communication with all departments of Standard Forwarding to ensure customer needs are met.
- Required to switch shifts to cover for vacations of the other non-bargaining employees at the terminal.
- Perform duties in accordance with Standard Forwarding Standards of Business Conduct.
Skills / Requirements:
- 3 + years previous experience with transportation or logistics in a supervisor or team lead capacity
- Previous proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility to adapt plans as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Customer centric approach
- High School diploma or equivalent
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission : Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose : We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values : Respect & Results
Our Goals : Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
Work Authorization :
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
- Posted 7 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.