Job Title: On-site Customer Program Manager
Job Location: Stamford, CT (customer’s on-site office)
Overall job purpose:
- High level on-site management role to oversee the customer relationship for a large brokerage account
Main tasks & key responsibilities:
- Work on-site at the client’s facility in Connecticut
- Work closely with the Top Customer Manager to ensure alignment on all customer requirements and expectations
- Facilitate flow of information between customer and DHL Global Forwarding and distribute customs or trade related information to customer, including preparation of monthly performance reports
- Ensure billings are processed, spot audited and verified for accuracy including monitoring AR
- Assist DHL Global Forwarding brokerage team in obtaining information or working with other service providers (i.e. steam ship lines, trucking companies, etc.) on a national level or when transactional issues cannot be resolved at local level
- Coordinate with post entry department to ensure that CF28s, CF29s, PEA, Protests, Penalties and other Customs communications are processed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Schedule and attend conference calls with the customer as well as internal stakeholders to ensure that performance issues are addressed and followed up on timely.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required by the customer
- Monitor all customer touchpoints to ensure desired performance is achieved and the customer is receiving timely feedback regarding any issues or areas of concern and escalate to management as needed
- Drive continuous improvement by capturing the voice of the customer and sharing it with Senior Management
- Support customer and DHL Global Forwarding brokerage team with obtaining information necessary for timely and compliance customs clearances (i.e. HTS classifications, PGA data, etc.) utilizing customer shared mailboxes and/or Global Trade Management system
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain positive and professional customer relationships
- Utilize Microsoft Offices systems as an intermediate/advanced user, particularly with Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 yrs. of experience in related area of responsibility
- Have or obtain Customs Brokerage License within 2 yrs. in position (optional but preferred)
- Have or obtain NCBFFA Certified Customs Specialist certification within 2 yrs. in position (optional but preferred)
- Subject matter expert of complex commodities such as wines and spirits (specifically beer & spirits)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of DGF Best Practices, Import Manual, Harmonized Tariff System and 19CFR
- Knowledge of FDA and TTB PGA requirements preferred
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision : The Logistics Company for the World
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) :
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.