Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a data engineer in the Data Platforms and Analytics Team you will communicate and collaborate with architects, product managers and feature teams to provide core-platform components that support the creation, pipelining and consumption of data and telemetry. You will be designing, coding, and testing data pipelines and models, as well as the production processes around them, such as deployment and health-monitoring.
In this role, you will design, build, and scale data pipelines that transform billions of records of data to measurable insights in a brand new data ecosystem on GCP. You will collaborate with multiple organizations (Model e, Product Development, GDI&A) to convert business goals into data pipeline solutions. This role will work in a dynamic team and embrace lean and agile practices, software best practices, automated testing, and CI/CD to build and support the Vehicle Data Communications Center.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Design, implement and build end-to-end reusable data pipelines that ingest, transform and load data into data marts on-prem and on GCP.
- Perform exhaustive testing to create best-in-class pipelines with maximum performance.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team to deliver work in an Agile model.
- Participate in daily standups and other agile ceremonies.
- Deliver quality products on time with CI/CD capabilities following standard data engineering methodologies.
- Partner with product teams, business and enterprise teams to build foundational data sets for analytics.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, Datawarehousing and working in a Big Data Environment.
- 2+ years of experience crafting ETL pipelines.
- 1+ years of experience with Java or Python.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Paired programming experience.
- Experience with BitQuery, Cloud SQL, or other experience in Cloud Computing.
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID