Full Job Description
At Sentry, we’re more than just insurance— We can offer you more than just a job, we want you to enjoy a career with us, where you’re in the driver’s seat of your career path with access to resources to help you succeed personally and professionally.
What You’ll Receive
You want a positive work/life balance. Our hybrid work model allows you to enjoy the benefits of working from home on Monday and Friday, but also provides the opportunity for team building and collaboration when working in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. To help you work effectively and comfortably in both locations, we provide you with equipment to work at home and in the office.
You can enjoy a complete benefits package, including generous paid time off, 8% 401(k) match, matching charitable gift program, bonus plan based on company performance, meal stipends, associate discounts, and volunteer time off.
Our background: We’re one of the largest and most financially secure mutual insurance groups in the nation. More than 4,000 strong, our associates bring together diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets to make Sentry who we are. We’re No. 658 on the Fortune 1000 list and named one of America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes. We’re in the business of helping others, and that includes the communities where we live and work. Our annual United Way campaign has raised more than $1 million for the past seven years.
Our Stevens Point campus offers a full-service fitness center, swimming pool, basketball and racquetball courts, auto center, credit union, on-site Aspirus clinic, restaurants, boutique hotel, and the award-winning SentryWorld golf course.
In this role, you will apply both software engineering skills and machine learning aptitude to bridge the gap between data science and information technology and build machine learning systems, workflows, and applications.
What You’ll Do
You’re a valuable contributor. As an associate at Sentry, we believe in your skills and knowledge. Your input and participation matters. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Innovate: Through our scaled agile development process, you’ll have dedicated time to apply your creativity and innovation to drive new solutions.
- Learn: Sentry provides several resources for furthering your career and continuing your personal development, including Sentry University, LinkedIn Learning, and developer-led educational sessions and communities.
- Grow: Sentry provides many opportunities to grow in your career. Through meaningful, ongoing conversations around growth and development, we encourage all associates to take ownership in their career path.
- Contribute: You’ll apply software engineer and machine learning aptitude to develop and support AI and ML systems, workflows, and applications, including opportunities to:
- Build and enhance our cloud-based machine learning ecosystem using AWS Sagemaker and Python
- Define workflows and patterns to enable advanced analytics associate to develop and deploy machine learning and data preparation solutions
- Contribute to the growth of the ML/AI “DNA” within Sentry Information Technology, as we harness these capabilities to build better and more efficient systems.?
- To be considered, a candidate must have the following:
- Experience in developing web applications in either .NET or Java
- Exposure to machine learning services from a major public cloud provider (i.e., AWS, Google, Azure)
- Ideal candidates would have experience in either or both of the following:
- Writing scripts in Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiarity with Docker and Linux is a big plus
If you have experience or knowledge in one of the preferred skills listed above, we want you to consider joining the Sentry team!
How You’ll Apply
We’d love for you to join us. Please complete your online application and upload your resume on our Careers site. If you have applied with us before, you only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying with Sentry, please create an account.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, application process, or are interested in learning more about Sentry, please reach out to Katelynne Rivera, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Qualified current H1B Visa holders are also encouraged to apply.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Your opportunity awaits.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sentry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.