Full Job Description
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world – together. At Ford, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress and we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Enterprise Technology Group, you’ll play a critical part in crafting the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to bring to bear advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience, and improve people’s lives, this is your opportunity. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help build vehicles that are as inquisitive as you are.
Ford is in the middle of a Supply Chain Transformation. One of the key focus areas to enable this transformation is to ensure there is optimized planning of our logistics network and nodes to enable supply assurance to support the demand for our world-leading products that can be met optimally.
This role will help drive the solutions for inbound material logistics and vehicle logistics – including network planning, transportation management, visibility, yard & compound logistics, and integration of global trade compliance and warehouse capabilities.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, or a related field
- At least 10 years of progressive responsibilities within technology and software functions such as software engineering/development, software/application delivery, product delivery, and project or product management.
- Developed, Created, Implemented, and/or Executed Supply Chain business processes and applications
- Hands-on experience in multiple roles across the spectrum of the lifecycle of applications and/or technologies
- Prior experience with transportation and logistics management
Our preferred requirements:
Enterprise Technology Partner Management
- Ability to interact extensively with and influence senior business leaders, technology partners, and vendors.
- Implementation experience with multiple delivery models – including supplier-led engagements, partner management, and COTS solutions including strong supplier management skills and effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in varying areas of business and enterprise technology
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all actions.
Functional & Technical
- Experience with global team development and building knowledge and capability.
- Management skills and experience require independent, decision-making skills.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of the business functional areas for the Supply Chain, including logistics
- Technical excellence in software design, development, and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on project commitments through leadership, rigorous execution, teamwork, strategic planning/scheduling, problem analysis, resolution, and productivity improvements.
- Agile delivery methodologies and Product Driven Organization implementation.
- Manage portfolio-level financials & budgets and guide regular financial reporting for the portfolio and Supply Chain Digitization program
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees are our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has decided to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
As the Material and Vehicle Logistics Product Line Manager your day will consist of the following:
- Be the global Enterprise Technology face-off for Inbound materials and finished vehicle distribution business functions
- Be accountable for technical and operational excellence of portfolio, delivery of IT investments, and production support.
- Own and manage the delivery of IT investments: governance, budgets, contracts, reviews, feasibility, cost-benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution, and closure.
- Develop strategy and explore future technologies powering material and vehicle logistics
- Drive technical integration of portfolio and ensure seamless interoperability across the ecosystem to provide best-in-class enablers to solve business problems.
What you’ll be able to do :
- Establish direction and guide product teams and integration teams across multiple areas including transportation network planning, multi-modal visibility of materials and vehicles, distribution, yard and compound management, and other associated core logistics and planning functions
- Optimize resource footprint to take advantage of talents globally and across Ford and technology partners
- Ensure delivery is managed effectively using Agile delivery and portfolio management practices
- Apply a broad understanding of Ford enterprise architecture and technology standards to guide solutions/services
- Work together effectively with senior management, business partners, suppliers, and internal IT partners
- Ensure that financial targets are met for the operating budget and new investments
- Be responsible for skill development, coaching, and counseling for direct reports.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.