Full Job Description
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Mapleton Foundry is one of the largest in the United States and home to the largest core making machine in the world! In addition, we are committed to vertical integration through our machining capabilities. Working at the Mapleton Facility is rewarding work that demands focus on safety, quality, and commitment to helping our customers build a better world.
With over 800 employees at the campus, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter with technical knowledge in advanced machining operations and / or expertise in foundry, core making and automation. This leader will leverage their expertise to support the MGPP for the Mapleton Facility by running multiple capital projects that provide continuous improvements to operational safety, quality, efficiency, and cost management. The candidates will be placed in one of two focus roles based on their core competencies of the Casting or Machining value streams.
Role of Manufacturing Engineer in our Advanced Planning Team with attention to process improvements at the Mapleton Foundry / Machining Facility which includes:
- Develop facility capital and expense projects.
- Administer controls on NPI / NCI process introduction to ensure that production processes are designed around Engineering drawings with respect to on-time NPI build.
- Collaborate with Facilities / Maintenance, EHS, Quality, Operations, and the Foundry by engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including ergonomic / safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks and quality concerns.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
- Provide the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of new heat treat, mold-core making, melting and / or chemical processes and equipment.
- Coordinate the purchase and application of machine tools, controls, and related equipment to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
- Design, develop and implement the integration of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation, and systems application.
- Provide manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification.
- Design complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
- Creation of Standard Work, Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans, Safe Job Procedures and SFMEA’s.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate manufacturing, engineering, or engineering discipline with 2+ years of experience
- Analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communications skills are essential.
Top Candidates Wil Have:
- Foundry process experience related to molding, core make, melting/holding furnaces, iron pouring or casting cleaning.
- Manufacturing / Machine process experience related to manufacturing of cast materials, Induction hardening processes, quality gaging and process control documentation.
- Strong knowledge of engineering and / or manufacturing standards and practices.
- This position is in Mapleton, IL.
- Domestic Relocation is available for this position.
- Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Relocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.