CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management, and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental, and transportation programs.
We are seeking a leader who will manage and oversee finance and operations projects for our Technical Services Unit which is comprised of over 2,000 employees. In this position you will be responsible for conducting multiple, highly complex analyses on industry key performance indicators (KPIs) and developing recommendations for leadership. Overseeing the analyses of internal KPIs to identify past and current trends and creating reports on trends and variances. This position offers the opportunity to manage the development of financial models, and analyses to track and ensure cost control and group efficiency. Providing management oversight and operational expertise to the unit and direct reports.
The position can be based out of any CDM Smith office. We offer a hybrid work environment allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
As Manager, Finance Operations you will:
- Manage the development of programs to improve financial operations efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the Technical Services Unit’s financial business objectives. Executing strategic initiatives across the unit to drive efficiency and value.
- Manage the internal financial, planning, and analysis projects and initiatives for the business, including budget, forecast, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Manage the development of highly complex analyses and reports providing accurate, timely, and actionable financial and/or performance improvement recommendations. This includes utilization analysis, overhead cost control and analysis, P&L analysis, backlog analysis and trending, staff workload analysis, SWOT analysis, Risk and Opportunity Analysis.
- Oversee the development of consolidated findings to provide insights and recommendations into business performance, levers, and opportunities.
- Support leadership decision making with in-depth analysis and assessment of business processes. Manage approvals and reporting for hardware, software, cellphones, and capital expenses.
- Oversee finance operation’s monitoring of the unit’s talent acquisition, and resource and performance management processes. Participate in regular discussions with recruiters to track and monitor priority hires and reports progress to unit leadership. Ensure staffing start dates are monitored and tracked as they relate to forecasting and equipment procurement.
- Oversee the tracking, calculation and reporting on KPIs for SPARS staff and staff that have a role with defined goals and metrics. Review the analyses of performance metrics, including quarterly results for staff in the bonus program. Manage the group award program budget.
- Assign and monitor the unit’s operational primary point of contact by ensuring coordination, assistance and direction with various corporate functions and other departments or groups within the firm.
- Manage the preparation of presentations to and recommendations for unit leadership. Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis including analytical and research support for various corporate and unit projects. Recommend and develop financial content for group presentations.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of staff. Lead, coach, develop and train assigned team members. Monitor staff workloads and provide team resources needed to ensure delivery of a high-quality outcome to complete their jobs. Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing feedback of performance to direct reports. Approve time sheets, manage the group’s budget and ensures company policies are followed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of relevant experience with at least two years of leading teams.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Previous department reporting, financial controls, and P&L responsibility strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience with Oracle R12.
- Previous experience with Qlik Analytics.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience working for a professional service organization.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of financial measures, metrics and trends.
- Demonstrates excellent project and program management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to manage ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Possesses an excellent understanding of confidentiality and how to exercise diplomacy.
- Possesses expert ability to build and maintain productive cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrates an excellent process-oriented mindset with expert analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, organizational, and collaborative skills, attentive to detail, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Expert ability to prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analysis.
- Excellent ability to lead teams of staff.
U.S. Vaccine Status
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available