The Transportation Services Group Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) is a senior management leader dedicated to the delivery of technically superior products and services, staff development, and profit delivery. This position is responsible for supervising a team of Regional Team Leaders in the Transportation Services group.
- We prefer to have someone based out of one of our offices with existing Transportation staff or out of one of our offices in southeast.
- Actively participating in appropriate Technical Knowledge Management (TKM), Communities of Practice, and ensuring that TDM group RTLs and staff actively participate.
- Assigning Project Manager in-Training coaches in coordination with the Client Services group and RTLs.
- Working closely with Area Delivery Leaders/Delivery Directors, Practice and Discipline Leaders, and Sales Leaders on hiring, pursuits, and goals setting to gain appropriate support for various market strategies.
- Implementing the committees and societies plan in alignment with the strategic goals of the Group and CDM Smith through the Regional Team Leaders.
- Providing input to the Technical Services Unit’s annual business and profit plan.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 15 years of related experience.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Prior progressive leadership experience
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Promotes a culture of collaboration, quality, and leading by example through CDM Smith’s Vision and Core Values.
- Strongly demonstrates CDM Smith’s Leadership Competencies of Promoting a High-Performance Culture, Trust and Accountability, Building Alliances, and Continuous Improvement.
- Drives staff engagement, retention, hiring and development within the group.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to identify opportunities and challenges and leverage the leadership acumen of PSG to recommend and implement actions to solve the problem.
- Is an exemplary service provider to both our external and internal clients.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business (e.g., utilization, project profitability, overhead, staffing, etc.)
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Visa Sponsorship Available
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
“If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.”