Full Job Description
The Long Island Taste NY Market Sales Ambassador supports the Taste NY Market at Long Island Welcome Center. Primary responsibilities include assisting customers in a food service setting, self-checkout, maintaining clean and organized work stations and ensuring a clean guest area. Clerk provides quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards, follows health safety and sanitation guidelines for all products. Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Inspect the store for cleanliness, organization and refill supplies as needed. The Ambassador is expected to discuss Long Island agriculture and local foods with customers, utilizing provided information and engage them in the areas of local agriculture products sold in the store. Candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively with managers and co-workers. Individuals must be able to follow and create already developed coffee recipes. Must have the ability to recommend daily coffee from the menu list.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Experience working in customer service and retail environments.
- Ability to complete basic math in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with the public in a food service setting.
- Attention to product rotation detail.
- Knowledge of basic marketing strategies, advertising and distribution of products.
- Experience in storing (inventory), and marketing retail food products.
- Experience in display, merchandising, and sales and promotion.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate a cash register.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds.
- One (1) year retail experience.
- Barista experience or a willingness to learn the skills.
- Food service training.
- Understanding of basic marketing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of the organization, operation, philosophy and objectives of Cooperative Extension.
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural practices or willingness to learn.
- Maintains regular and consistent punctuality with or without reasonable accommodations
This is a temporary, non-exempt, part-time position, 60% FTE, 24 hours per week. The hourly rate for this position is $15.73 – $17.00 per hour based upon experience. This position, based on eligibility, includes health and dental insurance and NYS retirement.
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until qualified pool of candidates is obtained.
Complete Temporary Application and send with resume and cover letter to:
Erika at [email protected] with questions.
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so that you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-6120, or via email at: [email protected].
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.