We are a technology driven firm looking for talented Junior C++ software developers who share our passion for technology. You will have the opportunity to work on various aspects of our technology including developing and optimizing our trading platform, utilizing low level technology and network programming, finding a high-volume data-processing solution for the daily analysis of the firm’s trading activities across all asset classes, and augmenting, improving, and redesigning software systems that support and monitor our trading activity in real-time.
GTS is a leading global electronic market maker, powered by combining market expertise with innovative, proprietary technology. As a quantitative trading firm continually building for the future, GTS leverages the latest in artificial intelligence systems and sophisticated pricing models to bring consistency, efficiency, and transparency to today’s financial markets. GTS accounts for 3-5% of daily cash equities volume in the U.S. and trades over 30,000 different instruments globally, including listed and OTC equities, ETFs, futures, commodities, Fixed Income, foreign exchange, and interest rate products. GTS is a Designated Market Maker (DMM) at the New York Stock Exchange, responsible for nearly $12 trillion of market capitalization. Our workplace of 200 plus employees welcomes people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we take pride in our diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with binary data, multi-threading, real-time and distributed software systems
- Exposure to high-performance and low-latency software development
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 0 – 3 years of related work experience; internship experience counts
- High degree of organization and follow-through with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
The following experience/attributions are a plus
- Some exposure to and desire to learn Python
- Demonstrated experience operating/scripting in a Linux environment
- Hands-on database experience and experience working with a large code base
Visa sponsorship available for the right candidate.
We invest heavily in our technology and infrastructure, and our flat collaborative and collegiate structure encourages an environment where our developers can bring their ideas straight to senior level partners and firm founders. We’re proud to employ some of the leading talent in the industry, and we work to ensure our employees enjoy a high quality-of-life.
What We Offer:
- A selection of healthcare plans for you and your family, some 100% employer paid; with coverage starting on day one
In-office perks – Free lunch daily and access to a fully stocked pantry (when working in the office).
- Casual dress code (when working in the office).
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with GTS.
In accordance with New York City’s Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is $95,000 to $175,000. Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.