Israel Desk Supervisor
Apply for this job
Full Job Description
Job Title: Israel Desk Supervisor
Job Location: Jamaica, NY (JFK)
At DHL Global Forwarding, PEOPLE matter. The Israel Desk Supervisor is instrumental in ensuring that we are developing and delivering solutions that enhance the customer experience. This position will be based at our JFK Airport, NY location
- Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of customer interactions, ensuring that goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements
- Coordinates and manages interactions with key customers, service providers & intercompany entities.
- Coordinating sensitive shipments (pharmaceutical, DGR, Dry Ice, Oversize, expedite, AOG , Engines, etc)
- Negotiates pricing with service providers to meet target & maintain customer’s satisfaction
- Engages commercial and operations management in problem resolution
- Responsible for understanding and successfully managing the interdependencies between internal and external business partners whose coordinated delivery is required to achieve higher organizational objectives
- Provides clear and concise project stakeholder communication, as well as internal team communication
- Identifies issues affecting work progress and recommends solutions with assistance
- Partners with the DGF business and Air/Ocean Product groups to demonstrate DGF visibility solutions capabilities and solution features to the end customers and consumers of the solutions
- Ensures alignment of business deliverables and organization’s goals and objectives
- Coordinates with station, regional management and service centers regarding development and retention of customer base. Develops, recommends and implements process and procedure improvements for service delivery to the customer.
- Responsible for the Key Performance indicators and ensures budget targets are met
- Supervises unionized staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Skills / Requirements:
- BA/BS preferred or minimum of 2 years supervisory experience within the logistics / transportation industry
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Hebrew speaker and well experienced in dealing with Israeli market ( preferred)
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building. Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
- Previous supervisory experience in a Unionized environment is preferred
- Multimodal experience preferred (i.e. Ocean, Air, Import, Export, TL, LTL)
- Basic knowledge of Cargo Wise system is preferred
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK !
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices:
Global Top Employer for 3 consecutive years – 2022 in 40 countries
Great Place to Work 2021/2022 in 17 countries
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.