Full Job Description
Scope of Position:Mid-Atlantic Offshore Development (MAOD), LLC is a 50:50 joint venture between Shell New Energies US, LLC and EDF Renewables North America. The joint venture company was formed to respond to the PJM New Jersey Transmission RFP to meet New Jersey’s goal of facilitating delivery of 7,500 megawatts of offshore wind energy by 2035.
On October 26, 2022, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJ BPU) selected MAOD and Jersey Central Power & Light Company’s jointly submitted Larrabee Tri-Collector Solution for New Jersey’s inaugural offshore wind coordinated transmission solution under PJM’s State Agreement Approach (SAA).
A key component of the Tri-Collector Solution is the Larrabee Collector Station, referred to as the Project, that will be developed, constructed, and operated by MAOD. Project execution will incorporate coordination of development, commercial, and technical activities related with commercializing the primary point of interconnection into PJM for multiple offshore wind generators to-be awarded by the NJ BPU.
Primary stakeholders will include EDFR and Shell executive management teams, PJM, NJ BPU officials, FERC, local townships and landowners, external offshore generation commercial and management teams, potential financing providers, and major suppliers.
MAOD is a highly visible project among both shareholders and externally and will be commercialized through FERC regulated cost recovery within PJM.
Within EDFR, this role reports to the Senior Director – Transmission Business Development within the Strategic Development Initiatives Team. Within the MAOD joint venture context, this role will be accountable to the Board of Directors during the Development Phase (through 1H 2025), and MAOD Phase Leader thereafter
This role will be a strategic leader responsible for the overall development of the highly visible Project, managing a group of direct reports assigned to the MAOD Development Team. In addition, during the Development Phase of the MAOD Project, this role will act as the Phase Leader with oversight and accountability to manage all aspects of the execution of the overall Project during the Development Phase of the Project. This would include development, permitting, technical/execution, regulatory, financial, budgeting, and any other scope as the Board of Directors determines. The Development Senior Manager’s duties and responsibilities are performed and achieved through direct action and effective and thorough leadership of the Project team, both the direct reports on the MAOD Development team and the broader MAOD Project Team. The Project’s Development Phase is anticipated to continue into 1H 2025, with ongoing development activities during the Execution Phase to COD. The Project is anticipated to reach FID in 2025 and COD at the end of 2027.
Following the Transition from Phase Leader in 1H 2025 and the successful commercialization of the Project, the candidate is anticipated to assume additional responsibilities within the EDFR organization focused on Transmission Business Development and/or renewable generation development.
Support for the role will primarily come from existing, and to-be-hired MAOD development, commercial, and technical team members comprised of Shell and EDFR seconded staff; and existing legal, financial, and commercial advisory teams.
- Overseeing delivery and execution of work scope across MAOD’s functions (technical, commercial, finance / accounting, regulatory), including oversight of the JV’s dedicated roster of 10+ FTEs
- Oversee execution of relevant scope of work MAOD’s advisory teams, covering legal, financial, commercial, regulatory, and ratemaking third-party scope. Integrate advice into actionable development activities led by shareholder staff
- Manage governance processes required to execute on Project, including development and amendment of required plans and budgets; support individual shareholder process for required approvals
- Coordinate Board Meetings with Board Members to facilitate briefings and decisions; manage communications/briefings for all board meetings; lead and manage Project efforts supporting Board initiatives and requests
- Support and direct team in supporting equity owners in their own approval processes related to MAOD development and execution activities
- Lead efforts to develop, review and execute Project Agreements and Operating Agreements, as necessary, interfacing with senior executives across shareholding entities.
- Lead and coordinate execution of the following agreements and commercial workstreams: commercial agreements with offshore generators utilizing MAOD real property for interconnection and converter infrastructure; interconnection agreements with PJM; PSA with relevant landowners to further secure MAOD footprint; ratemaking and registration agreements with FERC; any and all necessary project financing agreements for the JV.
- Develop and deliver communications and messaging to external stakeholders (Communicate and manage relationships with industry leaders, corporate partners, legal advisors, consultants, and other constituents), including personally interfacing with high levels of federal, state and local governments and regulatory agencies; this will require close coordination and collaboration with relevant stakeholders within shareholders.
- Oversee and manage the development of MAOD’s Larrabee Collector Station and other selected asset development projects; apply strong project management fundamentals to transition selected asset project from concept through development to commercial operation.
- Lead and manage stakeholder initiatives related to development activities and issues
- Lead and manage Board of Director requests and inquiries related to development
- Manage and mentor MAOD Development team junior staff of full and part time secondees
Supervision of Others:
- This role is responsible for the scope of two individual consultants (commercial and regulatory) and three advisory service providers (legal, financial, ratemaking)
- This role manages the MAOD Development team, comprised of EDFR and Shell seconded staff
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field required
- 10+ years of professional experience with strong project management/development background demonstrating progressive project management success
- 7+ years experience in energy-related commercial operations, asset management, transmission planning or interconnection, and/or project development-related roles preferred.
- Track record evidenced by delivery of complex project development to financial
- Professional with strong personal drive and
- Strong commercial, negotiations, teamwork, and internal collaboration skills are a
- Exceptional listening and strong communication
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple opportunities while being flexible and able to adapt to changing project priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to
- Only candidates allowed to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Ability to travel
In addition to the above base pay, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment incentives to include:
- Competitive Bonus: This position is eligible for our bonus structure
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables pays 100% of premiums for employee health benefits & provides coverage for eligible dependents
- Rewarding 401k Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous matching contribution
In addition, we are proud to offer:
- Paid Parental leave
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Financial 1:1 Coaching Workshops
- Mentorship & Buddy Programs.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.