The starting wage is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Full Time Benefits:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/ Disability Insurance
Medical Travel Reimbursement
Legal, Identity and Pet Insurance
401K with an employer match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
The Heavy Maintenance Representative supervises and oversees Allegiant Air’s heavy maintenance, modification, aircraft induction work and repairs performed by outside maintenance vendors (MRO).
The Heavy Maintenance Representative reports to the Director of Heavy Maintenance and Induction, under the Maintenance Operations Department. The Operations Department is the responsibility of the Managing Director of Maintenance Operations. The Heavy Maintenance Representative acts as a company representative directly overseeing work and interfacing with all respective parties to complete the scheduled work with the highest degree of quality, on time and on budget. Some functions performed in this role, such as Airworthiness Release from heavy maintenance and accomplishment or oversight of RII inspections, hold direct accountability to the FAA and other regulatory authorities. It is the Heavy Maintenance Representatives duty to ensure maintenance is accomplished to the highest degree of safety in accordance with applicable regulations.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Certification Details: Airframe and Powerplant License
Years of Experience:
Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Part 121 or Part 135/transport category aircraft maintenance or Quality Inspector
Minimum five (5) years of experience in Heavy Maintenance of part 121 heavy transport category aircraft or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years of experience working on A320 type aircraft.
Minimum two (2) years of experience managing direct reports or working remotely without direct supervision.
- Successful completion of A320 General Familiarization Course or Airbus A320 course.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel 75% – 80%.
- Able to obtain airport SIDA badge.
- All personnel holding certificates must have exercised the privileges of their certificates for at least six (6) months of the previous 24 months or have FAA approval if recent experience is not met.
- Basic computer skills, use of precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and understand all manuals and other materials associated with aircraft maintenance.
- Associate’s degree or higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in a variety of settings across all organizational levels.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, including systems, avionics, and Powerplant.
- Ability to coordinate and successfully execute on projects that involve multiple dependent departments.
- Superior problem solving and conflict resolution abilities, solid judgment, and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to be flexible with the changing needs of our business.
- Provide direct supervision of aircraft induction and heavy maintenance activities at Allegiant Air’s maintenance provider locations to make sure the work is performed in accordance with regulatory and company requirement.
- Primary point of contact between Allegiant Air (AAY) and heavy maintenance providers. Communicate aircraft status to AAY Maintenance Control, set ETR and advise times. Facilitate aircraft movements.
- Monitor workmanship and materials used during maintenance to verify compliance with applicable Allegiant Air requirements and standards, and FAA regulations.
- Coordinate with various Allegiant Air departments and seek resolution of problems or obstacles affecting the timely delivery of aircraft.
- Manage reporting of service provider’s performance on a daily basis and ensure work is performed to contractual and budgetary requirement.
- Review and analyze provider invoices and recommend adjustments or corrections.
- Provide financial approval on non-routine costs and unit vendor invoicing cost for accuracy and adherence to budget.
- Supervise vendors and maintain proper completion of A/C records, computer data entry and required forms.
- Sign work records in connection to work performed, if necessary, and act as liaison between vendor and AAY records department.
- Provide written authorization for the aircraft to return to service following heavy maintenance by signing the airworthiness release document.
- Verify, audit, and monitor all regulatory documents to ensure compliance and work has been completed in accordance with required instructions and regulatory standards.
- Identify and recommend beneficial changes to the Maintenance Program.
- Assist in the development of the heavy maintenance plan for each aircraft check visit.
- Ensure that all heavy maintenance visits are accomplished in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, Allegiant Air policies & procedures, and manufacturer’s manuals.
- Coordinate with regulatory inspectors (FAA DARs) to perform aircraft conformity inspection as well as aging aircraft inspections.
- Review aircraft records (i.e. FAA Airworthiness Directives) and prepare aircraft induction records for approval and transition into the Allegiant ops spec (revenue service).
- Ensure Allegiant Air parts are received and properly IAW Allegiant Air GMM.
- Accomplish RII, Borescope, NDT and other inspections as necessary.
- Direct oversight of Vendor RII and Inspection department items to ensure highest degree of safety and quality.
- May be called upon to accompany Allegiant Air flight crew during airborne flight checks following maintenance work.
- Display effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Heavy Maintenance or other Maintenance Quality Department Directors.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.