Full Job Description
The mission of Information and Educational Technology (IET) is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University’s mission, IET will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.
To see IET job postings, please visit https://iet.ucdavis.edu/jobs
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Under general supervision of the Engineering Services Supervisor, this position is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Geographical Information System (GIS), Building Information Modeling (BIM), and Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) capabilities, including engineering- quality design drawings, documenting the Inside and Outside Plant telecommunications infrastructure and facilities, as well as the Audio/Video (AV) equipment and systems designs. Acquires appropriate data sets from various internal and external resources to create and maintain accurate GIS/BIM data sets.
Responsible for fostering and maintaining collaborative relationships with project engineers, technicians, GIS data sharing initiatives and data acquisition with campus partner agencies, land surveyors, and management to provide the highest level of customer service while maintaining quality standards. Utilize a variety of CADD software types to create and update GIS, BIM, and CADD geo-datasets and files ensuring the most current data is readily available to the entire campus.
Audits the accuracy and quality of the telecommunications computerized graphic drawings and databases that interface with other campus systems. Develops standardized map/system templates and other GIS/BIM mapping products and publications, and conducts spatial analysis and update of multiple data sets in support of internal and external programs and projects as needed. Leads in the evaluation/creation of reports, analyzes/documents processes and make recommendations for improved procedures. Evaluates, tests and recommends GIS/BIM/CADD related software upgrades, monitor and provides maintenance for a variety of department equipment.
For Full Consideration Apply by 6/13/2023
- Mental Demands: Analytical and Problem Solving, Constant Interruptions, Customer Contact, Detailed Work, Language, Math, Multiple Concurrent Tasks, Reading (documents or instruments), Verbal Communication, Written Communication
- Physical Demands: Carrying, Climbing, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending
- Visual Acuity Requirements: Close Visual Acuity (e.g., viewing a computer screen; using measurement devices)
- Additional Physical Demands: Sit and work in front of a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Move and maneuver large rolls of paper weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Climb, stoop, and bend in confined areas.
- Equipment Used to Perform the Duties: Computer and Peripheral Equipment, Telephone
- This position requires a valid California Driver’s license and is subject to DMV pull-notice System.
- Work in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions. Work occasional overtime.
- Vacation is restricted during peak work periods.
- Adhere to workplace safety practices, read information communicated about workplace safety, complete required safety training on time, and report any workplace safety issues promptly to their supervisor or the designated safety coordinator.
- The Smoke and Tobacco Free Environment policy is intended to provide a healthier, safer, and more productive work and learning environment for the entire UC community. The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University owned or leased properties, or facilities operated by UC staff or faculty. Smoking and tobacco use are strictly prohibited in indoor and outdoor spaces, parking lots, residential space, and University vehicles. https://ucdavispolicy.ellucid.com/documents/view/271
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the techniques and methodologies associated with AutoCAD, GIS & BIM systems, including mapped and tabular data and coordinate systems.
- AutoCAD design experience using AutoCAD software to create, edit, and modify detailed 2D and 3D drawings and designs.
- Experience reading and interpreting specifications and construction drawings, and developing and enforcing data standards.
- Experience creating high quality map products, working with graphical designs and other visual reproductions for presentation and distribution.
- Experience with PC Client Service hardware and Windows Operating System to properly operate CAD workstations and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of CADD software including the most current version of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, GIS software including AutoCAD Map and ESRI ArcGIS and BIM software including AutoCAD Revit and D-Tools System Integrator.
- Interpersonal and written communications skills to convey technical CADD requirements to contractors, engineers, designers, consultants, and technicians.
- Experience working within a database environment, including work with interface development and query languages.
- Experience managing daily workload and establishing priorities.
- Experience to learn and apply new technology rapidly.
- Knowledge of the entire AutoDesk suite of products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management software.
- Knowledge of software programs: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Visio and web development.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to make sound judgments and creative solutions to complex problems.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we’re solving life’s most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don’t just maintain – we improve.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.