What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for assisting in the production and modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position performs research, development, calculations, design and delivery in partnership with the project team. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to assist in the execution and evaluation of project designs. Develops conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project execution using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB’s clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours provided.
- Responsible for preparation and/or modification for select portions of project reports, plans, designs, and calculations.
- Develops project quantities and assists with development of cost estimates.
- Assists engineering teams with organization and administrative support of design files.
- Able to self-sufficiently complete various tasks and duties including but not limited to research, data collection, field investigations, development, and design of projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 1 year of relevant experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Exhibits proficiency in applying engineering, geometric and algebraic principles in your work.
- Displays proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and MicroStation and/or AutoCad or other software as required for job assignments.
- Performs calculations and analyses related to foundation design
- Supports excavation
- Knowledge of settlement estimates and monitoring requirements for soft ground TBM tunnel
- Communicates effectively with Sr. Geotechnical/Tunnel leads on the job, other discipline’s designers, sub consultants, co-workers and contractors
What We Prefer:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Knowledgeable in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
The approximate pay range for Connecticut is $75,645.81 – $123,784.05. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Engineering Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.