Fort Bragg, CA, USA
Adventist Health Mendocino Coast Hospital is seeking a board certified and experienced part-time General Surgeon to join our team in a hospital-based practice. The call panel is shared with two other General Surgeons.
As a faith-based health system, we know how important it is to put your mission first. When you are called to a fulfilling career in healthcare, you want to spend your time being inspired along with your patients. Candidates from a well-regarded training program with excellent laparoscopic training and skills are desired. Ability to do scopes is required. This employed position comes with a competitive incentivized compensation package that includes benefits and a shared call schedule. The incoming surgeon will work with an excellent OR and nursing staff and live/work in the beautiful Mendocino Coast.
Employed Model: Physicians Network Medical Group (PNMG)
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.
- Signing bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Call coverage: 1:2
- Student Loan Repayment Option available
- Income guarantee for year 1- production (RVU) based after year 1.
- Cerner EHR system
- Candidates must be BC/BE, be California licensed or eligible and meet the hospital’s medical staff credentialing standards
Wage Scale: $245,832 – $322,240
Apply to learn more about our total compensation* and benefits!
- Total compensation may vary based on additional services, including call coverage, administrative services, performance bonus, etc. Compensation may also vary based on productivity after initial guarantee period.
Candidates must be California licensed or eligible and meet the hospital’s medical staff credentialing standards.
PNMG is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Adventist Health Mendocino Coast is a faith- based, not- for- profit health and wellbeing organization located in Fort Bragg, California. Adventist Health Mendocino Coast operates a 25- bed critical access hospital with 147 medical staff members and a total of 314 associates. Each year, Adventist Health Mendocino Coast’s Emergency Department alone treats over 10,000 patients. The Adventist Health Mendocino Coast Medical offices located on the same property offers both specialty and primary care services for the coastal community. Adventist Health Mendocino Coast has a rich history in serving community members on the coast. Following a grass- roots effort to pass a hospital district initiative, Mendocino Coast District Hospital, was dedicated on June 26, 1971. Mendocino Coast District Hospital took its place as an important resource for the Fort Bragg community offering residents the peace of mind that comes from knowing emergency help is readily available and medical care provided locally, keeping families together as much as possible. In July 2020, Mendocino Coast District Hospital officially joined the Adventist Health family.
Nestled on the northern coast of California. Fort Bragg is a small town of approximately 7,500 and is a tourist destination due to the picturesque view of the Pacific Ocean. Mendocino is about 10 miles south of Fort Bragg. Both towns offer unique shopping, dining, and site seeing opportunities. The Skunk Train takes riders on a 7-mile trip back in history through the majestic redwoods, from Fort Bragg to Willits. Fort Bragg has a strong community, which is clearly present in its numerous town celebrations, festivals and events, including the World’s Largest Salmon BBQ, which takes place every year around the Fourth of July holiday. All sorts of recreational opportunities can be found from boating, fishing, a swimming beaches, hiking trails and much more.
- Fort Bragg is a California Historic Landmark along the Pacific Coast
- Fort Bragg is a community with the best “North Coast Hospitality”; where you can hike and bike, wine and dine, kayak and beachcomb
- Best little fishing village on the Mendocino Coast
- Community offers events throughout the year, such as craft fairs, restaurant week, economy symposium and learning festival, & car shows
- Location has very mild weather throughout the year compared to most inland places
- Home to the world-famous Skunk Train, the extraordinary Glass Beach, and the spectacular Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. Noyo Harbor is a working port with a marina, where you can board a crab-catching or whale-watching cruise or take a leisurely kayak ride upstream on the Noyo River
Additional Application Instructions